-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LSU Applicants c/o 2017
Started by equineconstant
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Geaux Tigers!
I just want to say that I was happy to have been waitlisted and accepted last year without having to spend money on my 5th interview

Also, if y'all have any questions, don't hesitate to call Jared in admissions, he is very helpful!


to applicants this year. It still feels sooooo weird to be helping the next group already. It feels like I was just in your shoes. At first you will think time is draaaaagging, but then July roles around and you feel like you just applied yesterday. You got this guys! ROCK IT! 
I just want to say that I was happy to have been waitlisted and accepted last year without having to spend money on my 5th interview
OMG. Me too. He called me, and I'm all "dude, I didn't interview...."
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey you guys if you have any questions feel free to ask 'em here or PM me! 🙂 I'm C/O 2016 at LSU! 🙂
Dang right, geaux tigers! Love purple, live gold.
Dang right, geaux tigers! Love purple, live gold.
Damn skippy I'm applying again this year. 😉
Damn skippy I'm applying again this year. 😉
Yay! I'm rooting for you again!
Well this will be round number two for me, and hopefully the last! LOL
Any idea how to write about how I can add diversity to the veterinary class without writing a sort of compare/contrast how I'm different from the typical applicant? Seems to me that fits the prompt perfectly, but my pre-professional advisor said I should focus more on myself(ah, applications, teaching us to be selfish and egotistical), and I think that also sounds reasonable.
Any idea how to write about how I can add diversity to the veterinary class without writing a sort of compare/contrast how I'm different from the typical applicant? Seems to me that fits the prompt perfectly, but my pre-professional advisor said I should focus more on myself(ah, applications, teaching us to be selfish and egotistical), and I think that also sounds reasonable.
Hmm...I dunno that I'd compare/contrast, just mention why you would add diversity.
For example, instead of "The typical applicant has gone the typical route of straight from high school to college and then application to vet school, but I took a year off to establish my experiences in vet med, and THEN apply."
Say, "I will add diversity to the class in that I have not only completed my undergrad degree, but also worked in the veterinary field as a vet assistant/tech full-time for one year. I have gained a lot of knowledge/experience/insights because of my non-typical application route."
See, they say the same thing, but one just comes off as less of 'me vs. them' and more focused on yourself. Dig what I'm saying?
P.S. If you'd like for me to send you an email of what I wrote for my diversity thing I can. 🙂
Hope everyone in LA/MS/AL and the rest of the south affected by Isaac are doing well.
Personally I'm putting "move to LA during hurricane season" on the list of things to never do again. I had someone ask me Tuesday if I were prepared for the hurricane. Prepared for a hurricane? I'm still on the "Where did I pack the forks??" part of unpacking. 🙄
Ended up with a few small branches, a couple pieces of either my or my neighbors roof (tar paper/shingles), and a couple inches of standing water in the yard, but otherwise no problems. Didn't even lose power.
How is everyone else doing?
Personally I'm putting "move to LA during hurricane season" on the list of things to never do again. I had someone ask me Tuesday if I were prepared for the hurricane. Prepared for a hurricane? I'm still on the "Where did I pack the forks??" part of unpacking. 🙄
Ended up with a few small branches, a couple pieces of either my or my neighbors roof (tar paper/shingles), and a couple inches of standing water in the yard, but otherwise no problems. Didn't even lose power.
How is everyone else doing?
Hope everyone in LA/MS/AL and the rest of the south affected by Isaac are doing well.
Personally I'm putting "move to LA during hurricane season" on the list of things to never do again. I had someone ask me Tuesday if I were prepared for the hurricane. Prepared for a hurricane? I'm still on the "Where did I pack the forks??" part of unpacking. 🙄
Ended up with a few small branches, a couple pieces of either my or my neighbors roof (tar paper/shingles), and a couple inches of standing water in the yard, but otherwise no problems. Didn't even lose power.
How is everyone else doing?
No power here. Currently in a coffee shop with a power strip charging laptops for me, my dad, and my sister so we can have some electricity and chill in air conditioning. Dad's work has power back now, though, so hopefully ours will be on when we get home.
This is not how I wanted to spend my last week before I go back up to school!
Well, we never lost power, thank goodness! Folks on all sides of our neighborhood did, though. We were lucky! Just lost cable/internet (I know, it's really really horrible. 😉)
Hello! I'm an Arkansas student applying to LSU this year.
I just took the GRE yesterday (9-8), and did less than great on it (Quantitative: 150, Verbal: 157). I notice on the LSU website that they don't have a good example of previous class years to compare those scores with. Anyone know if this is competitive at all? I also notice they say Oct. 1 is the last date to take the GRE, but the score cutoff date in November 15th. Does it take that long for them to receive scores?
I just took the GRE yesterday (9-8), and did less than great on it (Quantitative: 150, Verbal: 157). I notice on the LSU website that they don't have a good example of previous class years to compare those scores with. Anyone know if this is competitive at all? I also notice they say Oct. 1 is the last date to take the GRE, but the score cutoff date in November 15th. Does it take that long for them to receive scores?
Try these sites, just from a quick google search.
http://www.happyschoolsblog.com/revised-new-gre-score-conversion-chart/
http://www1.vetmed.lsu.edu/Admissions/DVM Admissions Info/Previous Class Statistics/item51256.html
http://www.happyschoolsblog.com/revised-new-gre-score-conversion-chart/
http://www1.vetmed.lsu.edu/Admissions/DVM Admissions Info/Previous Class Statistics/item51256.html
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I'm an Arkansas student applying to LSU this year.
I just took the GRE yesterday (9-8), and did less than great on it (Quantitative: 150, Verbal: 157). I notice on the LSU website that they don't have a good example of previous class years to compare those scores with. Anyone know if this is competitive at all? I also notice they say Oct. 1 is the last date to take the GRE, but the score cutoff date in November 15th. Does it take that long for them to receive scores?
I made a 148/155. And I'm in. 🙂 My GRE was not terribly competitive, either (3.45). Maybe it was my experience? I've worked full-time for two years at a clinic as a tech. But I feel like your scores are not bad at all for IS (well...contract). Try to bring them up if you can, but it's not the end of the world.
I wouldn't push it to October 1 unless you had to. I think it says "up to two weeks" to get the scores to the school if you send it directly from the test site. If the scores made it in and were far better than the ones you just received, awesome! But if they made it in past the due date...doesn't matter. 🙁
Your scores are fine as they are, and if you think you can study up and get a better score between now and October 1, then go for it! If they make it there and are better, it can only help you.
Ok, so all my elor writers waited until the absolute last minute to finish their letters. My status check system didn't come up til after the deadline, aparently TWO of my transcripts did not reach the admissions office. OMG!! Complete and utter panic!!! I hope I didn't just waste a whole year.
Ok, so all my elor writers waited until the absolute last minute to finish their letters. My status check system didn't come up til after the deadline, aparently TWO of my transcripts did not reach the admissions office. OMG!! Complete and utter panic!!! I hope I didn't just waste a whole year.
That's awful! 😱 At least I got my status check to find out they didn't get my transcript about a week before the deadline, and that was stressful enough. Did you apply anywhere else?
Uhh, no. I love LSU, and my family is close to the area. Where were your transcripts coming from? Mine were LSU and UNO
LSU didn't get your transcript from themselves? That's messed up. And my UNO transcript was the one that got there, my school up north's transcript didn't.
I know, but hopefully they will still accept them.
I know, but hopefully they will still accept them.
Usually schools don't just throw out your app for things like this. I'm sure it will be fine. I even found out recently from an adcom (shhh) that schools will accept your supp app after their due date. They just sort of set dates for their own good, so they can have them all in around the same time. Relax my friends 🙂. You can call admissions too. They are really nice.
Wow, my transcripts are accounted. Cardiac arrest is now over.
Good! 👍
Ok, so all my elor writers waited until the absolute last minute to finish their letters. My status check system didn't come up til after the deadline, aparently TWO of my transcripts did not reach the admissions office. OMG!! Complete and utter panic!!! I hope I didn't just waste a whole year.
Had the same problem with transcripts D: I ended up sending it like three times in two months... For that last one I handed them a priority mail envelope to make sure it gets there before the deadline
, and it did...Anyways, applied out of state (first time)... Lets see how it goes. Good luck everyone! 🙂
Woo! Second verse, and here's hoping it's NOT the same as the first
I spent all summer as an Arkansas alternate, and it was miserable! I didn't apply anywhere else because I LOVE me some Louisiana 😍
I spent all summer as an Arkansas alternate, and it was miserable! I didn't apply anywhere else because I LOVE me some Louisiana 😍Yay, another LSU applicant!
Good luck to you, too!
Btw, is your username an anime reference?
Good luck to you, too!Btw, is your username an anime reference?
Yay, another LSU applicant!Good luck to you, too!
Btw, is your username an anime reference?
Thanks! Same to you! I have a blue outline of a pegasus tattooed on my left foot 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm IS and they really need my fall transcript since I've got 2 prereqs on it. So I got nothing new (except a mini freak-out) from the emails they sent and subsequent status check. Although my status did change to 'Folder under review," so I guess that's kind of nice.
I applied as IS, but until they finish going over my residency application, my app is being evaluated as OOS. But I am in the top 150 OOS again this year! I hope that they agree with me that I really truly have established a domicile in and am financially reliant on LA. I would love to be officially moved to the IS applicant pool so maybe they can open up that position to someone who is absolutely OOS. I know how tough it is for OOS applicants. But I don't really understand how that works in relation to the top 150.
I'm a resident officially yayyyyyyyyyy! Got the good news today while I was at work and about started doing the Kermit arm flail.
Which kind of concerned me because if that's how I react when I just get the ok that my app will be in the IS pool, what will happen if I actually get in? My guess is that there will be some kind of explosion.
Ffffff so relieved OMG.
Which kind of concerned me because if that's how I react when I just get the ok that my app will be in the IS pool, what will happen if I actually get in? My guess is that there will be some kind of explosion.
Ffffff so relieved OMG.
I'm a resident officially yayyyyyyyyyy! Got the good news today while I was at work and about started doing the Kermit arm flail.
Which kind of concerned me because if that's how I react when I just get the ok that my app will be in the IS pool, what will happen if I actually get in? My guess is that there will be some kind of explosion.
Ffffff so relieved OMG.
Yes yes yes! Go you! 😀
Congrats! I'm pretty sure I won't hear back until the second half of January once they have my fall transcript. I really hope it gets there in time without a fuss this time...it was really stressful when they didn't get my first one.
They granted me the interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Feb 2nd!!!! I'm so excited!!😱 😀
Me too 😀
I'm totally turning this interview into a 4 day vacation 😎 Baton Rouge is awesome, period.
Yay, you guys! I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you any of you guys Arkansas residents?
No, I'm out of state (PR). I wonder how many applicants do they interview?
All,
As we have time on our hands while not in classes, can anyone tell me about the conjugation of the verb 'geaux'?
What's the infinitive? The preterit? Is there a conjugation at all?
Seems like something one should know before heading to BR in February. What if it's an interview question?
Regards,
Geaux Tigers! 🙂
As we have time on our hands while not in classes, can anyone tell me about the conjugation of the verb 'geaux'?
What's the infinitive? The preterit? Is there a conjugation at all?
Seems like something one should know before heading to BR in February. What if it's an interview question?
Regards,
Geaux Tigers! 🙂
I'm an Arkansan 🙂
Where did you do your undergrad?
All,
As we have time on our hands while not in classes, can anyone tell me about the conjugation of the verb 'geaux'?
What's the infinitive? The preterit? Is there a conjugation at all?
Seems like something one should know before heading to BR in February. What if it's an interview question?
Regards,
Geaux Tigers! 🙂
You already know the right animal to put after the word, so you're covered 😀