LSU C/O 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My GPA calculations are up does anyone know when we should get a status update!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Last year I got status update email on November 1st, OOS. Granted, VMCAS was due two weeks earlier last year. If it’s going anything like the pace it did last year it should be very soon!

Ugh the delays are killing me...I just had my GPA stuff posted yesterday

Still waiting on my GPA calculations here. I wonder if they go in any particular order? If they're going through the list alphabetically I'll be at the very end. The wait is driving me insane too!! :nailbiting:

Still waiting on my GPA calculations here. I wonder if they go in any particular order? If they're going through the list alphabetically I'll be at the very end. The wait is driving me insane too!! :nailbiting:
I'm "Z" if they're doing alphabetical:p Maybe they just need to update your page, here's to hoping for next week we all hear something!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how they what it takes to move to the file review?

Does anyone know how they what it takes to move to the file review?

For out of state applicants, to make it to file review you have to be in the top 150 applications OOS. This is objective and calculated from the last 45 hour GPA, required courses GPA, and GRE scores. I don't know how heavily weighted each of the three categories are though. I also read that all IS applicants get file review as long as they meet the minimum requirements.

I just checked my portal and my GRE scores were totally wrong (wrong date, scores)! It was unnoticed the first time I checked a while ago, however, they changed it quickly when I emailed them. Might be worth it to double, triple check yours too! The original mistaken score was much lower than my actual score, phew!

My GPA calculations are up so I am just waiting now! The waiting game sucks! Has anyone heard anything yet regarding interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
The correction survey just gave me a heart attack, vet school is trying to kill me before I even start :laugh: Good luck all on the 22nd! May the odds be ever in your favor!:clap:

Good luck, all!! I'm a current 2nd year so if anyone has questions about the application process, the school, etc., feel free to ask here or shoot me a message :)

Reactions: 2 users
I'm "Z" if they're doing alphabetical:p Maybe they just need to update your page, here's to hoping for next week we all hear something!
Z here as well! :highfive: Still no update. None of my classmates have gotten updates either so I guess I'll postpone my mental breakdown for a few days. We're all IS, so maybe we will hear something later. I didn't get an email or survey, but I'm curious- what happens on the 22nd? Hope everyone gets good news for whatever it is!

Z here as well! :highfive: Still no update. None of my classmates have gotten updates either so I guess I'll postpone my mental breakdown for a few days. We're all IS, so maybe we will hear something later. I didn't get an email or survey, but I'm curious- what happens on the 22nd? Hope everyone gets good news for whatever it is!

Yessss not too many Z people out there hey fam! :hello: And the 22nd is the day us OOS kids get ranked for likelihood of an interview invite! AKA the day my likely demise begins

Today is the 22nd. They sent another email out saying they’re going to let us know our status next week. Good luck to everyone!

So...status page is still looking identical :) Anyone get an interview offer/rejection yet? I was sort of hoping it would be up Thanksgiving

Most IS students got their status updated this morning with an email saying we're being moved to folder review on 12/4. It just may give me the motivation to make it through finals week.

Just got an email that I made it to folder review! OOS

Well now I'm offically anxious thought I'd have a chill day my mistake :laugh:

So looks like I'm in limbo?? They said I didn't rank high enough but I'm still under active consideration and I'll have no status change?? Seriously story of my life! Anyone else experience this?

So looks like I'm in limbo?? They said I didn't rank high enough but I'm still under active consideration and I'll have no status change?? Seriously story of my life! Anyone else experience this?

Sounds like you’re still in the running! I’d say it’s good news.

I received the same thing!! :( It makes me wonder how many they sent out on top of the 150 that are for sure!

I did not make it into the top 150 OOS applicants. A bit disappointed and bummed :(

Same! Looks like waitlist to me.

Got moved to folder review today! OOS as well.

So if we were moved to folder review when should we hear an update? Does anyone know?

So if we were moved to folder review when should we hear an update? Does anyone know?

From what I've heard, last year they started sending interview invites out around 12/20. I think they are starting the folder reviews later this year though (due to personnel changes and the later VMCAS deadline). I was told they tried to have them completed by 12/1 last year and they aren't starting until 12/4 this year. Who knows.

Made it to folder review!! OOS. Anyone have any idea how many OOS applicants they typically accept?

Made it to folder review!! OOS. Anyone have any idea how many OOS applicants they typically accept?
If the numbers on the status check site are accurate there are 15 seats reserved for OOS applicants this cycle (and 9 for Arkansas residents).

Going off of the stats from past semesters this looks to be pretty typical.
Previous Class Statistics

I was in limbo and checked my status page for the hell of it today, I'm in folder review!! :clap: Never received an email or anything so check your pages people!

Reactions: 3 users
I was in limbo and checked my status page for the hell of it today, I'm in folder review!! :clap: Never received an email or anything so check your pages people!

Thanks for telling us! I just checked again after I saw your post and I'm in folder review too!!! Hurray.

OOS applicant here, under folder review (yay!). I just read from the website, "A certain number of qualified applicants are invited to interview from each applicant pool (Louisiana, Arkansas, and Puerto Rico residents). Roughly the top two-thirds of eligible Louisiana, Arkansas, and Puerto Rico applicants are interviewed." Does this mean that other OOS applicants are not interviewed?

OOS applicant here, under folder review (yay!). I just read from the website, "A certain number of qualified applicants are invited to interview from each applicant pool (Louisiana, Arkansas, and Puerto Rico residents). Roughly the top two-thirds of eligible Louisiana, Arkansas, and Puerto Rico applicants are interviewed." Does this mean that other OOS applicants are not interviewed?
I'm not 100% sure but if say probably not :( If the top 150 went into folder review plus some applicants in limbo like myself, let's say 20 people for fun, were all interviewed for 15 available seats that'd be more work than it'd be worth for admissions. So my guess quite a few of us will get the boot soon:( Again pure speculation I hope I'm wrong :)

If you look at last years thread a few people posted that they were accepted w/o being interviewed. Not sure if this is still the case this year.

So if they don't do what they did last year (acceptances without an interview for a few OOS folks) should we hear soon? Portal says late November mid December. Just tired of waiting already haha

Anyone else super anxious to know their fate. Maybe tomorrow! I hope!

Anyone get updates today? My portal says the updated today but my status is the same!

Mine looks the same as you described. I’d imagine they’d send out invites before Christmas so I’m betting it’ll be early next week. Last year it was the Friday before Christmas week (today) but they also had two less weeks this year because of the VMCAS extension.

Anyone get updates today? My portal says the updated today but my status is the same!
Mine updated also, maybe they’ll worked through the weekend!? I’ve received an update on a Sunday before!

I usually check it daily and it updates almost every day of the work week usually. It'd be nice if we heard something this weekend though!

I usually check it daily and it updates almost every day of the work week usually. It'd be nice if we heard something this weekend though!

Really? Before today mine was last updated Dec 7th.