LSU Dental School Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
About to start my D2 year. Please reach out if you have any questions. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
About to start my D2 year. Please reach out if you have any questions. Good luck!
Hi. Can you tell me when they usually send out interview invites for IS? I read from Facebook that one OOS received an invite already. I'm a bit worried. THank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi. Can you tell me when they usually send out interview invites for IS? I read from Facebook that one OOS received an invite already. I'm a bit worried. THank you.
Hey! I was the one who received an OOS interview invite from LSU

Reactions: 1 users
Hey so LSU starts sending interviews out in July and will continue to send them out through October. It is still super early so I wouldn’t worry.

I just received an interview invite from LSUSD today!

Interview #1
School: Louisiana State University Health New Orleans School of Dentistry
Notification date: 7/27/2021
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Louisiana
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/15
Application complete date: 7/6
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.46, 3.53
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 22/24/20/None
Dates available OR your interview date: 8/27/2021
Method of Interview: Virtual

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all!
Are they still sending interview invites out to OOS?
I am from Arkansas and received an interview invite August 23. Secondary was received by LSU July 27. I’m not sure if they are still sending out invites but I would assume they were

Interview #6
Notification date: 9/8/2021
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/15
Application complete date: 6/28
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.69, 3.65
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 20/19/22/None
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/8/2021

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #1
Notification date: 9/15/2021
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/1
Application complete date: 7/30
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.7, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 19/19/25/None
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/15/21

Howdy, I am an undergrad student who has already applied to dental school. I have a oGPA 3.26 and sGPA 3.19 and DAT 19AA 19TS. I am in the process of interviews and playing the dreaded waiting game. Something that I am curious about is my decision status at LSU college of dentistry. On my AADSAS portal, for out of state colleges, I have received a status update at every school other than LSU. Most schools have replied with either "Application complete" or "Under review" but there is a "none" for LSU. My application has been verified so I assume that the application was successfully submitted to the school. I am curious if anyone else is or has experienced this. Should I email the admission committee and ask for an update regarding my application? Are my scores not competitive enough to even be considered at this school? Looking for some advise regarding the next steps to take and the best way to approach the situation.

Howdy, I am an undergrad student who has already applied to dental school. I have a oGPA 3.26 and sGPA 3.19 and DAT 19AA 19TS. I am in the process of interviews and playing the dreaded waiting game. Something that I am curious about is my decision status at LSU college of dentistry. On my AADSAS portal, for out of state colleges, I have received a status update at every school other than LSU. Most schools have replied with either "Application complete" or "Under review" but there is a "none" for LSU. My application has been verified so I assume that the application was successfully submitted to the school. I am curious if anyone else is or has experienced this. Should I email the admission committee and ask for an update regarding my application? Are my scores not competitive enough to even be considered at this school? Looking for some advise regarding the next steps to take and the best way to approach the situation.
Hi, bud. Every application is different and could very well fall in case by case basis. Some can have your stats but have a ton of extracurriculars which could be considered competitive. I must say that GPA is typically 3.4+ to be considered competitive (which is usually advised to be reinforced with a master’s degree if lower) and LSU’s DAT average is 21. Typically if you have a lower GPA, the DAT can serve to be the equalizer and vice versa. That’s just what I’ve learned over the last number of years with LSU. I’m by no means part of admissions. I would email admissions to get some clarification. They’re very student friendly for interested pre-dentals. Lastly, there is a Part I fee of the application that is at times overlooked which is stated in their website needed to be paid to be considered complete, and there’s a deadline of September 1st Doctor of Dental Surgery. I don’t know if you have but that might be the deal with your current AADSAS status. Your best bet is emailing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you in state or out of state applicant?

I received my email at 7:31 am CST!!

Also a little fyi, this is not my first attempt. I just refreshed with rereading this thread. If you have any Qs PM/DM me.
congrats on getting in! im currently on the waitlist for LSU and was wondering what you did after your first cycle of apps to help improve your resume?

congrats on getting in! im currently on the waitlist for LSU and was wondering what you did after your first cycle of apps to help improve your resume?
Thank you! I had a GPA at the cusp of not needing a master’s [3.4/3.5], so my main thing was equalizing it with retaking DAT. Aside from that, I took up Independent Research in Genomics since I want to do dental research (it’s not all that significant for acceptance at LSU but didn’t hurt) and took recommended courses on their website. Besides that, furthering community service and my relationship with professors and the dean since going to school workshops and all. We’re all different candidates so it’s really a case by case basis. If you have any other Qs please feel free to message me.

This might be early, but does anyone know if there is a Facebook page or Groupme for those that have been accepted?

This might be early, but does anyone know if there is a Facebook page or Groupme for those that have been accepted?
Caught this a moment ago on Bootcamp Admissions Facebook page — it was linked in a relevant post and it’s the unofficial page:

Has anyone received a denial yet? If so, did you get an interview? Hearing absolutely nothing from schools, especially those I interviewed is killing me!