LSU-Shreveport

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Swamp Yankee said:
i think one of the shreveport residents should write one of those joms
"from the teaching clinics" articles on your program. everyone could get all
"bow-tied" up for a group photo out in front of the new clinic (like the harvard boys from a few months ago); you could could talk about how shreveport was discovered by toothless settlers from texas one hundred years ago and how the program has developed into a training institution of unparalled proportion. you should be sure to describe lsu-shreveport's rise to power in great detail, including how it went on to aquire weapons grade plutonium in the late '90s, and how they plan to use it on parkland in the not too distant future. check out the april joms, your predecessors to the west have a lengthy feature (and a well-designed study to go along with it).
it is time; they must be crushed.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: EXCELLENT... very nice... you're going to fit in well... even if you're the only future OMFS with a crush on Hillary and undying devotion to the "intern" party.... you'll make a great donkey-intern....

Members don't see this ad.

Swamp Yankee said:
i think one of the shreveport residents should write one of those joms
"from the teaching clinics" articles on your program. everyone could get all
"bow-tied" up for a group photo out in front of the new clinic (like the harvard boys from a few months ago); you could could talk about how shreveport was discovered by toothless settlers from texas one hundred years ago and how the program has developed into a training institution of unparalled proportion. you should be sure to describe lsu-shreveport's rise to power in great detail, including how it went on to aquire weapons grade plutonium in the late '90s, and how they plan to use it on parkland in the not too distant future. check out the april joms, your predecessors to the west have a lengthy feature (and a well-designed study to go along with it).
it is time; they must be crushed.
Anyone else notice how Harvard really talked big about their program, then a month later they didn't match any applicants?

toofache32 said:
Anyone else notice how Harvard really talked big about their program, then a month later they didn't match any applicants?
There weren't ANY applicants this year that were underinformed enough to rank them? Wow...I guess that goes to show that the pool of applicants HAS been getting more intelligent...

Members don't see this ad :)
FuturoDentista said:
I am a student worker at LSU-Shrev, who would I need to contact to see if a can shadow for a day or two?
Call 5-6101 and tell Dr. Ghali's secretary what you want to do.

toofache32 said:

Damn Chris,

Lying and rewriting history again, are we?...Last year, when the JOMS profile of MGH came out, they had matched all 3 spots. They failed to match two out of three spots the year before which, of course, comes down to arrogance and not ranking enough people...

JOMS has tried to profile all of the major academic programs and started with MGH last year, just as Parkland is April's program. I guess Leon Assael considers MGH a decent enough program to merit a profile, but the great Christopher Price knows better.

For all the bashing you do, you would be well advised to remember that Harvard did establish the 6-year program as a model for training in OMFS and without them, neither you (nor I) would be in the programs we're in...

PS - Tell Fayette that "bushwack" says hi.

PPS - Tell Kevin Arce that you think Mayo is a crappy program.

PPPS - Tell Ellis that you think Michigan is a crappy program too.

6897729 said:
Damn Chris,

Lying and rewriting history again, are we?...Last year, when the JOMS profile of MGH came out, they had matched all 3 spots. They failed to match two out of three spots the year before which, of course, comes down to arrogance and not ranking enough people...

JOMS has tried to profile all of the major academic programs and started with MGH last year, just as Parkland is April's program. I guess Leon Assael considers MGH a decent enough program to merit a profile, but the great Christopher Price knows better.

For all the bashing you do, you would be well advised to remember that Harvard did establish the 6-year program as a model for training in OMFS and without them, neither you (nor I) would be in the programs we're in...

PS - Tell Fayette that "bushwack" says hi.

PPS - Tell Kevin Arce that you think Mayo is a crappy program.

PPPS - Tell Ellis that you think Michigan is a crappy program too.

Wow. Somebody must have pissed on your Corn Flakes this morning.

6897729 said:
...but the great Christopher Price knows better...
Hmmm...someone is a little confused...

OMFSCardsFan said:
Hmmm...someone is a little confused...

Its my opinion if you throw out user's real names on this forum (even when mistaken) you should have the balls to tell us who you are.... or respect the anonymity of the forum.

Extraction said:
Its my opinion if you throw out user's real names on this forum (even when mistaken) you should have the balls to tell us who you are.... or respect the anonymity of the forum.
agreed! :thumbdown:

Extraction said:

Shut up, Narbeh. :laugh:

Yellowman said:
No way....Narbeh, you on this forum? How's Parkland treating you?

No, that's not Narbeh. He is so computer illiterate that he has trouble turning on the computer. I was just having fun with Extraction's comments.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is a little off topic. I just matched at LSU-S OB/GYN and will be starting this june. I do not know anything about the city of shreveport/bossier city, just been there once during interview. I have been doing some research and the crime rate is way above national average in this area. Looking for a safe place to live is important to me cause I have a wife and child. Do you all have any suggestions on good areas to rent an apartment? So far I am looking into north bossier on airline drive.

Also, how much on average is medical and dental for residents/spouse/1yr old? I think it is not included by program.

Thanks in advance and hope to meet you all sometime.

G-Man

G-Man said:
This is a little off topic. I just matched at LSU-S OB/GYN and will be starting this june. I do not know anything about the city of shreveport/bossier city, just been there once during interview. I have been doing some research and the crime rate is way above national average in this area. Looking for a safe place to live is important to me cause I have a wife and child. Do you all have any suggestions on good areas to rent an apartment? So far I am looking into north bossier on airline drive.

Also, how much on average is medical and dental for residents/spouse/1yr old? I think it is not included by program.

G-Man

You're goin' to see some nasty poontang.
You do know the crime rate and poon nastiness are directly proportional ;)

G-Man said:

G-Man
That's a good area for apartments. There's at least one nice complex on Clyde Fant in Shreveport as well.

I don't know what you're talking about--crime in Shreveport. Ha!! I laugh at you, sir.

G-Man said:

G-Man

that makes two of us that will be culture shocked...
i just matched at s'port for OMS. i'm heading down on
monday to meet w/ a couple realtors and
hopefully have a house by friday. send me
one of those private messages and i'll give
you my email if you want. i can give you
a better idea of what i've learned about the housing
market. for now, check into southeast shreveport;
i've heard that's the place to be.

G-Man said:

G-Man

Ok, first of all shouldn't your name be G-spot rather than G-man. Second, i'm at shreve and the crime rate is high because shreveport is kinda a rough city. Its been describes as a place with a "small town feel with big city crime" and it seems to live up to that reputation. I live southeast, its nice, mostly new homes, safe....etc. There are other places however, especially apartments. Check out the apt's on clide fant parkway, they are new and nice. Bossier is ok. Places not far from the hospital are ok but you need to check the area, it seems to vary by the block.

Good luck with your future residency. I see it has finally gotten some testosterone in it. The last few years of estrogen laiden classes has made it tough on the guys.

El Guapo78 said:
You're goin' to see some nasty poontang.
You do know the crime rate and poon nastiness are directly proportional ;)
And this is a man who speaks from experience! He knows some tore-up nasty poon when he sees it!

G-man, when you get to S'port, you gotta get some grub at Murrell's on E. Kings Hwy...it's some good eatin'...and the female wait staff there are HOT :laugh:
I'll be there in Aug for a good month as an OMFS extern.

G-Man said:

G-Man

as someone who has lived in shreveport for most of my life i would not live in bossier. I would find somewhere in south shreveport off of youree or maybe bert kouns. there are a lot of nice houses in the broadmoor area that are great for young families, and even though the prices are high there they are still going up. so if you buy a house, you could probably still come out on top in a few years.

Thanks for the responses. I have heard the southeast area is good around ellerbe rd and I am now looking into clyde fant. As for males in my class, 5/6 this yr is good. Ahh the nasty poontang, you know women don't visit the doctor unless there is something wrong.

rjarvis, why not bossier?

Please don't forget to stop by the DMV when you get there....

Attachments

• poondr.jpg
    poondr.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 73
rjarvis said:
as someone who has lived in shreveport for most of my life i would not live in bossier. I would find somewhere in south shreveport off of youree or maybe bert kouns. there are a lot of nice houses in the broadmoor area that are great for young families, and even though the prices are high there they are still going up. so if you buy a house, you could probably still come out on top in a few years.

from what i've heard, most of those "nicer" areas of s'port
are in the south/southeast; people say they're mostly family
oriented. i'm heading down as a single resident; with that in
mind are there any areas that are more geared to that demographic?
and why not bossier? i'm interested in any advice as i'll be in town
on monday to get a place and only have 4 days to do so.
many thanks,
anything helps.
[and if things get desperate, i might be hittin' you up for some
of that poontang]

Swamp Yankee

I sent you a PM

G-Man said:
Thanks for the responses. I have heard the southeast area is good around ellerbe rd and I am now looking into clyde fant. As for males in my class, 5/6 this yr is good. Ahh the nasty poontang, you know women don't visit the doctor unless there is something wrong.

rjarvis, why not bossier?

for one reason, and i dont know why, but the traffic over there can get bad for such a small city. I just like the people in shreveport a little better, but i guess i'm biased. I work at the med school too, and there are a lot of very nice apartments very close to the school off of fairfield, probably my favorite area of shreveport. You are maybe 5 minutes away from LSUHSC. That area is a great place to live. It is close to the mall, losts of restaurants, a nice grocery store. But now that I think about it, it may be hard to get into an apartment there.

Swamp Yankee said:
from what i've heard, most of those "nicer" areas of s'port
are in the south/southeast; people say they're mostly family
oriented. i'm heading down as a single resident; with that in
mind are there any areas that are more geared to that demographic?
and why not bossier? i'm interested in any advice as i'll be in town
on monday to get a place and only have 4 days to do so.
many thanks,
anything helps.
[and if things get desperate, i might be hittin' you up for some
of that poontang]
Why are you avoiding the "family" parts of town? At least you know those moms will put out....

toofache32 said:
Why are you avoiding the "family" parts of town? At least you know those moms will put out....
After moving here, I'd recommend every father have paternity testing for his kids...if you don't think your kids look like you, they probably look like me...

OMFSCardsFan said:
After moving here, I'd recommend every father have paternity testing for his kids...if you don't think your kids look like you, they probably look like me...

that may be the funniest thing i have read on this site before!
i'm guessing you may need to do sperm donations to supplement your income? who needs moonlighting, when your "packing heat"

ObeG said:
i'm guessing you may need to do sperm donations to supplement your income?
Nah, the salary is plenty to live on. I consider it to be more like charity work...

OMFSCardsFan said:

so what you are saying is that Louisiana's stand as the state with some of "the ugliest people in the union" is going nowhere but down over the next generation....

OMFSCardsFan said:
I guess you could say that...wink, wink...

Tell me if they need loupes. I got one lying around collecting dust.

Doggie said:
Tell me if they need loupes. I got one lying around collecting dust.
I guess you never heard the one about the motion in the ocean... :)

(That was good ownage, by the way. Nice work.)

OMFSCardsFan said:
I guess you never heard the one about the motion in the ocean... :)

(That was good ownage, by the way. Nice work.)
ali-g.jpg

Swamp Yankee said:
rednecks are one thing... but can you handle a granola-munchin', Birkenstock wearing, dread-hedded Dead Head from the Pacific Northwest. I'm coming full-force with an Anti-Bush pin, a new recycling campaign for the hospital cafeteria, and a pledge to ride my bike to work. And there will be none of this "extern hazing," instead we will go down to the Starbucks, order a double-tall mocha-frappo-whippy-dipty-doo and talk about our feelings for a kinder, gentler, more user friendly future of the specialty...

Seriously though... I start at Shreveport this summer and will be getting a house this spring break. If I can be of help as far as housing/travel goes, let me know. I'd be happy to help.

Keep in touch,
Nate

I'm thinking about applying OMFS program at Shreveport for 2007. So please
keep me post it about the program.

Oh one thing..... I barely passed my NDB partII( I didn't study much at all)
But I did o.k on Part I (Avg. 92). Do you think I have to retake my part II to
get in 6yr program? I will appreciate your honest reply...... thanks.

horizon7117 said:
I'm thinking about applying OMFS program at Shreveport for 2007. So please
keep me post it about the program.

Oh one thing..... I barely passed my NDB partII( I didn't study much at all)
But I did o.k on Part I (Avg. 92). Do you think I have to retake my part II to
get in 6yr program? I will appreciate your honest reply...... thanks.
You will probably want to apply to more places than one. I can't remember anyone mentioning Part II scores during this last round of interviews, so I wouldn't worry about it. Anyone else?