Lynchburg: not early decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leh1387

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from Lynchburg that didn't do Early Decision? I got an email from them about a week ago saying they reviewed my application but couldn't make a final decision at that time. Not sure how I'll fare after getting that email.

Members don't see this ad.

Terrible actually.
Overall: 3.05
Pre-reqs: 2.86 (via PTCAS including retaken courses)
GRE: V 153
Q 150
A 4.0
500 hours of observation (not work)

So I know my stats aren't very good, and my guess is they're waiting on more qualified applications to come in. I guess mine is just on hold while they're trying to "come to a final decision."

Mind if I ask what yours were?

Members don't see this ad :)
Terrible actually.
Overall: 3.05
Pre-reqs: 2.86 (via PTCAS including retaken courses)
GRE: V 153
Q 150
A 4.0
500 hours of observation (not work)

So I know my stats aren't very good, and my guess is they're waiting on more qualified applications to come in. I guess mine is just on hold while they're trying to "come to a final decision."

Mind if I ask what yours were?

Overall:3.01 (undergrad)
Pre-reqs:4.0
GRE: V 150
Q 148
A 4.0
I have like 12,000 hrs (6 years of work as a Tech outpatient clinic)
I took all my pre reqs after undergrad as I graduated in communications studies so thats why I have the 4.0 in pre reqs I never took them as an undergrad. I have a feeling that your pre-req average is what is hurting you as that is the most important part of your grades.

Ahh that's awesome. Yeah I think you're right about my pre-reqs. I retook my Chemistry's and Biology's at a CC so I'm not sure if they take the higher score or go with what PTCAS calculated since they took all grades into account. Do you know if they calculate their own or if they go with PTCAS? Either way, guess I'm just on hold for now!

Also, did you do Early Decision for Lynchburg or regular admission?

Last edited:
Ahh that's awesome. Yeah I think you're right about my pre-reqs. I retook my Chemistry's and Biology's at a CC so I'm not sure if they take the higher score or go with what PTCAS calculated since they took all grades into account. Do you know if they calculate their own or if they go with PTCAS? Either way, guess I'm just on hold for now!

Also, did you do Early Decision for Lynchburg or regular admission?

I did regular admission just because of timing of my gre and summer courses I wasn't able to get into early admissions but they knew they were my top choice. Which I think they like to know. I think they probably use the PTCAS calculations but I could be wrong.

I got the same email from them and have not heard anything else yet. Have you heard anything?

I got the same email from them and have not heard anything else yet. Have you heard anything?
I have not heard anything else yet. I contacted them and asked about it, and I think they're just waiting for grades to get in from the Fall/Academic Update and for the rest of the applications to come in.