Technion TeAMS 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lebrun

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I noticed there wasn’t a three for this year’s Technion TeAMS application.

My stats:
Submitted application: 10/20/2020
II: 12/23/2020
Interview: 12/30/2020

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

I recently submitted my app and hoping to hear some good news soon. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Can I ask why Technion with such solid stats that could get you into American programs?
Haven't had any luck with American schools. Also I'm Canadian. Many of the school's regard me as an international student.

Received an interview today. Was anyone accepted already?

Reactions: 1 user
Received an interview today. Was anyone accepted already?
Interviewed back in December and still no news here!

I also sent an email asking about when we should know because in my interview they said early to mid February. But obviously it’s now March lol and haven’t heard back yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed back in December and still no news here!

I also sent an email asking about when we should know because in my interview they said early to mid February. But obviously it’s now March lol and haven’t heard back yet.
That is such a long time, I hope you receive good news soon :) According to the email I received they are now conducing their second round of interviews, which should run through April

That is such a long time, I hope you receive good news soon :) According to the email I received they are now conducing their second round of interviews, which should run through April
Thank you! And good luck to you as well!!!

Hi, for those who have interviewed, does anyone have any advice or things they wished they knew before hand?

Hi, for those who have interviewed, does anyone have any advice or things they wished they knew before hand?
Just make sure you know your application. The interview is short, so you need to really think about what you want to highlight about yourself. The questions they sent in the email when they invited you to interview will be asked. Make sure to have at least one question for them!

For those that interviewed in the first round (December and early January), be on the lookout for admission notifications. Just found out I was waitlisted this morning. Hoping for good news for the rest of you!

I recently had an interview and thought it went well. It is very short so good advice lebrun!
I was told I will hear back in a couple of weeks

Hey again! Does anyone know technion’s match rate? I was on their website and saw that in most years it shows only around 18 matches. Does that mean roughly 12 didn’t match?

Has anyone who interviewed in mid-March heard back yet?

Okay you’re right it is an Easter prank! Since I definitely made sure it said I N T E R V I E W before I pressed submit....but it’s also Passover... so why not a Passover prank?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Still nobody who interviewed in March/April has gotten a decision yet?

Kind of weird question, but do y’all think they interview everyone who applies? Has anyone heard otherwise?

Also got my acceptance this morning, thrilled!!

Does anyone who was accepted mind sharing stats? I recently had an interview to this program and it is def my top choice.
Also how long was the interview ? Mine ended up being extremely long so I took that as a good sign

Does anyone who was accepted mind sharing stats? I recently had an interview to this program and it is def my top choice.
Also how long was the interview ? Mine ended up being extremely long so I took that as a good sign
Stats aside, I'd say if you were given an interview then you're stats were adequate so I wouldn't worry about that. Mine was quite long as well. Hope you hear good news!

Hey again! Does anyone know technion’s match rate? I was on their website and saw that in most years it shows only around 18 matches. Does that mean roughly 12 didn’t match?
Hi! Current Technion student here! No, this doesn’t mean ~12 did not match. There are students who fell in love with living here and decided to stay. There are also students who took 1-2 gap years. Mostly everyone matches. I’d say around 1-2 students didn’t match this past year (2021).

Kind of weird question, but do y’all think they interview everyone who applies? Has anyone heard otherwise?
No, they don’t (I’m a current TeAMS student). The school receives too many applications to interview everyone. And off the top of my head, I have a friend who was rejected without an interview offer, but this was years ago (2014 maybe).

Anyone know how long it takes to hear back from the program ? They mentioned it would be 2-3 weeks and it will officially be 3 weeks on Monday June 7

Just got off the waitlist! Hoping for good things for everyone else still waiting to hear back!

If you haven’t done so, send the admissions committee and email stating the program is your top choice and give specific reasons why you’re a good fit for the program and how you’ll both benefit by being at Technion and benefit Technion by being there. It’s worth a shot.

has anyone gotten in with GAMSAT instead of MCAT?