M4 applying this current match cycle. Match Day is March 19 this year. When is the earliest that programs typically require a urine drug screen?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1079004

Asking for no reason in particular

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Day 2. They used a hair sample rather than urine.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I tried but they didn’t reply to any of my emails

I hope this is either a troll or sarcasm, lol.

Great impression to give to your new potential employer. "Wow thanks for interviewing me, oh BTW if you hired me when's the earliest I would be drug tested?"

Reactions: 6 users
You should assume rght after match. Our institution bylaws require drug testing immediately at time of job offer/acceptance. They have interpreted the match to be a job acceptance. Our candidates have 1 week unless there are extenuating circumstances. We use a national lab so you can be tested anywhere.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Kinda defeats the purpose if they let you when they are going to test, but I guess its just a “checkmark” on a long list of pre-employment things to get through.

No one that I know of got tested in Residency or fellowship (after the initial test)

Also... don’t do drugs when your whole career and $200,000 in debt are on the line

Reactions: 2 users
I know you know this, but for the future, It is NOT worth risking your entire career over weed. Residents can and are terminated for testing positive for cannabis - and many programs test at random throughout the year. Even in states where it is legal.