Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

MAJOR question about mcat

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by dogpoop, Jul 16, 2002.

1. dogpoop

dogpoop New Member

Hi people
    I plan to take the august mcat but i am not sure if I will perform well. If i don't think i did well during the test, does anyone know if med schools know that you took the test if you void the test? Also, can you void the test at anytime? can you wait until the biological section at the end of the day and decide if it's worth it to keep it or to void it. thanks.

2. Diogenes

Diogenes Succat
    7+ Year Member

You can cancel yours scores immediately after the test, I believe. Look in the MCAT registration packet for more info.

3. Mystique

Mystique The Procrastinator
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You can void at any time up to the point (which is at the end of the test administration) when they make the announcement that if you want to void, now's your last opportunity (or something like that). I believe that schools do not know you sat for that particular testing date if you void. Like Diogenes recommended, look at the booklet. It should have the answers you seek.

4. markus

markus Member
    7+ Year Member

DO NOT GO INTO THE TEST THINKING U WILL VOID IT.

believe me u will get too loose if u think u will just void it. its a bad mentality to go into a test with.. kinda like taking a pass/fail class...

I think u should decide now if you want to take the test for real or not.. if u decide u do want to do it, u gotta just go all out..

5. LizardKing

LizardKing Veteran Member
    7+ Year Member

Ok, here's the way it works.

If you don't crack open the seal on the MCAT, no school will know you signed up for that particular test.

However, if you take the test and later void it, I'm 99% sure it shows up on your record that you sat for that particular test. Of course none of your scores will be reported to the schools. Even if you take a test later, your previous voided scores will never appear. So schools still have enough info to assume you voided that test before.

6. dr kevin40

dr kevin40 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i don't that's true lizard king. i thought if u void, no one knows u ever took

7. LizardKing

LizardKing Veteran Member
    7+ Year Member

yea, you might be right, kevin40. I just remember reading that way back when. It's been a long time since the 'CAT. Good riddens!

8. Mystique

Mystique The Procrastinator
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Alright, this is straight off of http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/02mcatadmin.pdf. [But, it seems I did something wrong b/c it's not working...] edited by ThingAMaJig

"You may ask to void your test throughout the test day, up to the time that the Biological Sciences asnwer documents are being collected. The test supervisor will announce the final opportunity to void your test."

"If you void your answer documents, your participation in this administration of the MCAT will not be reported to AMCAS or to non-AMCAS schools. However, even if you void, you are regarded as having attended the test for test administration purposes, and,, therefore, you are not eligible for a refund."

9. Doctor Pepper

Doctor Pepper Member
    7+ Year Member

Don't void your test unless you have a major reason for doing so.. Otherwise you may be killing your application for 2003.. In April, I was about to void my scores near the end of the test, because I was under some terrible family stress while I was taking it and couldn't think straight. I didn't void it, and I'm definitely glad I didn't..

10. CoffeeCat

CoffeeCat SDN Angel
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Another option - you can hold your scores from medical schools until you look at them. That way, you'll see them and no one else will. If you do not like them, you do not have to release them and no one will know your scores (although they will know that you sat for it) even if you retake and release the second set. I verified this with AAMC. Good luck :)

11. pocwana

pocwana MD/MBA candidate c/o 2008
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    ThingAMaJig, take the period off the end of your URL and it should work.