Make my community college class list!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vancington

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay, so i'm about to attend a junior college(Lonestar.edu) and i was wondering if someone could tell me all the classes i Shouldn't take. i don't want to screw myself and take classes i should have taken at a four year. i will probably be transfering to UofH or UofT after these 2 years. Thanks!

oh and showing some junior college love! post on here if you've been accepted by a medical school by starting out at a community/junior college. Tell your storys!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

You should be fine, I started off at a JC but have recently been accepted into a top ten university for 09 transfer ( need to differ for $$$ reasons ), med school isnt too far now.
As long as you get A's in your junior college classes, youre fine, so long as you perform on the MCAT.

What have you done lately?

If I were you, I would avoid taking science classes (especially prereqs) at community college. But gen ed requirements would be fine. I took foreign language, English, and humanities classes at CC while in high school.

Members don't see this ad :)
i think a lot of the people who speak down on community colleges have never actually been there. If you are a science major you should take all the classes you need to transfer even if it is a science pre requisite. the key thing is that when you transfer you should do exceptionally well at the new school.

i think it would not be smart to hold off all your science classes for four year university because then you will have so many classes to take when you transfer.

i think a lot of the people who speak down on community colleges have never actually been there. If you are a science major you should take all the classes you need to transfer even if it is a science pre requisite. the key thing is that when you transfer you should do exceptionally well at the new school.

i think it would not be smart to hold off all your science classes for four year university because then you will have so many classes to take when you transfer.

Agreed, if you dont do your science classes at a JC you will have issues in the sense that,
1) you will not be able to transfer as a science major,
2) Because you didnt transfer as a science major you will have to do prereqs ALL junior year if you want to get to medical school after your 4th year of college, ( to take the MCAT summer after junior year)