Aug 22, 2017
Status
  1. Physical Therapy Student
Hi there. So I am committed to a DPT program in NYC, starting in summer 2018. I have almost a full year off, and I'm looking to make the most of it. So, does anyone have any thoughts on how I can spend my time, or what I can do to help my career in the future? If you are a physical therapist, what do you wish you could have done with that year off?

I spent last year traveling around Asia and New Zealand and I loved it, so I am trying to travel more (I also intend to pursue traveling physical therapy). I was thinking of getting my yoga certification to give myself more tools when I begin my PT practice. Are there any other certifications I should be looking into? I am open to hearing anyone's experiences or ideas. I just want to get the most out of life experience before I fully dive into my career. Thank you!

About the Ads

scrawnyguy

7+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2012
Colorado Springs, CO
Status
  1. Physical Therapist
If I could go back I would work on stuff like stress management, study skills, and time management skills. I never really paid attention to that type of stuff during my undergrad and it really bit me in the 6 when PT school came around.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads