Manhattan testing center

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doodl3s

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did a search for this beforehand, only DAT centers came up, I dont think they're the same. I'm registering for the end of august. And there are three main places, two on 34th street and one further north on third avenue. Has anyone taken or been to either of these places? (btw... there are still seats open for exams next week at these places, I thought the MCAT fills up fast!)

Members don't see this ad.

I have taken it on 34th st at Penn Plaza twice, the two centers are in the same building, on different floors...

I think the center is great, never gave me any trouble, I took it on the 17th floor both times I took the MCAT, so there wasn't any problems with distractions from outside,

I once registered for the other prometric center 635 I think it was, and got a message 2 weeks prior to my exam telling me the site would be closed for renovation, and that I need to reschedule... problem was, my exam was on the last day of testing in september, and the next available test would be in December,

the prometric people were the least helpful people on the planet! they did not help me sort anything out, and I lost two weeks of studying with all the stress, but checked everyday for an opening, and found one a week before my MCAT...

several days before my exam, I found Prometric had opened up seats on an extra day, none of which they told me they would do... and by that point, I'd already found myself a seat...

and seats might still be open a week or even several days before an exam because when the exam approaches, many people reschedule or cancel, and their seat opens up

i took my mcat at 42nd street and 3rd avenue. it's a very nice, comfortable center with fairly new-looking terminals, but be warned that they don't let you eat inside the building during breaks.

I took my exam at the 34th st site. The center had no problems, everything was done in a timely manner, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
aww man.. i luv this forum. Thanks a bunch guys.... I mean as long as neither of them is like any horror stories I've read here. Cause I'm probably not gonna register until like the month before... I know thats late, but I wanna make SURE i'm really on track to take that one, otherwise I can take it whenever I want... (im only going into my junior year)