This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bonechewer

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of filing my testing accommodation request, but I was wondering if anyone who has executive dysfunction has any study skills. I'm pretty bad with time and with making myself sit down and do things (mostly because keep delaying everything from not perceiving time well, or distractions). Just wondering if anyone has been able to really overcome this with a specific tactic.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you working with a therapist/counselor/mental health provider? A professional or your school's learning center might be able to provide more personalized study recommendations that anyone on SDN (I say this as someone in a similar situation).

Reactions: 1 users
My brother has ADHD and has a lot of the same problems. It stinks and I'm sorry you are going through that.

I personally have been very happy with the study skills from this site: Study Skills Videos - Long Beach City College

I did not find my school's learning center to be helpful, but from everything I've heard my school was the exception and not the rule. So, definitely try yours. I bet dollars to donuts that your struggle is their bread and butter and they're well equipped to help.

Best of luck to you. <3

Reactions: 1 user