March 1st

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JustAWanderingStudent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just want a bit of clarity. March 1st is when the AADSAS will look at whether you are holding multiple spot and then March 5th is when they send out this information to schools. Do schools have to give you 15 days notice, or can they also rescind your acceptance instead of giving you a 15 day notice? On the website it sounds like it's dependent on the school.

Members don't see this ad.

So if you've had 15 days since your notification of acceptance (if after 2/1), they have a right to just rescind your acceptance without a warning.

March 5th is just if you have multiple acceptances, but I would think the rescinding of those depends on when they were given out to begin with. They don't have to give you a 15 day notice, unless you were accepted on 3/5 itself. Hope that makes sense.

Moral: Just decline all your other acceptances by 3/1 and don't worry about them being rescinded after 3/5 :)

Reactions: 1 user
Yo dog make your decision already so the folks who are waitlisted or don’t have any acceptances can hear some news already

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just want a bit of clarity. March 1st is when the AADSAS will look at whether you are holding multiple spot and then March 5th is when they send out this information to schools. Do schools have to give you 15 days notice, or can they also rescind your acceptance instead of giving you a 15 day notice? On the website it sounds like it's dependent on the school.
Every school has their own policy regarding those guidelines found on ADEA AADSAS. Although each school reserves the right to proceed how they wish, it’s not worth the risk getting an offer rescinded just because you wanted to hold onto multiple acceptances. At that point, a school can either give you a chance to withdraw your acceptance or take it away without notifying beforehand.

Must simply ask yourself, is it worth the risk?

Reactions: 1 user
I am currently holding two acceptances from December. Where in the ADEA guideline does it say that they will not notify me to confirm the offer?

Under the Applicants Holding Positions at Multiple Institutions, it says each candidate with multiple positions will be given a minimum of 15 days to confirm the decision.

If what you are saying is true, am I too late to choose the school?

So if you've had 15 days since your notification of acceptance (if after 2/1), they have a right to just rescind your acceptance without a warning.

March 5th is just if you have multiple acceptances, but I would think the rescinding of those depends on when they were given out to begin with. They don't have to give you a 15 day notice, unless you were accepted on 3/5 itself. Hope that makes sense.

Moral: Just decline all your other acceptances by 3/1 and don't worry about them being rescinded after 3/5 :)

I am currently holding two acceptances from December. Where in the ADEA guideline does it say that they will not notify me to confirm the offer?

Under the Applicants Holding Positions at Multiple Institutions, it says each candidate with multiple positions will be given a minimum of 15 days to confirm the decision.

If what you are saying is true, am I too late to choose the school?

you guys are overthinking this...