March Study Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MarginalUtility23

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDN,

I've decided to push my MCAT back to March. My latest score was a 505 (127/125/128/125) on AAMC FL2 and I'm really hoping for a 515+. I've completed the SB's (BB: 59%, CP: 68%, PS: 64%) and UW (50-55% on each section).

I'm planning on doing the Q-Packs, then re-doing UW and the SB's. Would it be smart to take Altius and Next Step exams each week? I also have access to TPR, Kaplan, and EK tests via the Reddit page. Finally, I have the TBR and TPR book sets to study from. I finished the TPR self-review course and will have access to their materials as well. I feel my reasoning skills have greatly improved after the SB's and most of my missed questions are content based, even after the review course. Would it be a good idea to work through some of the pre-made flashcards decks on here?

I'm a re-taker (491) and will likely be applying DO and SMPs since my sGPA was low in UG @ 3.01 but a 4.0 in my upper level bio post-bacc. I also have around 2000 combined volunteer, shadow, research, leadership, and clinical experience hours.

I greatly appreciate any and all advice!!

Members don't see this ad.

If your problems are content-based, then you should focus more on that before doing practice tests every week. Take a couple weeks to go over content using whatever books you might have. You can also use the KA notes compilation that is floating around the internet. Flash cards will definitely help too.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

If your problems are content-based, then you should focus more on that before doing practice tests every week. Take a couple weeks to go over content using whatever books you might have. You can also use the KA notes compilation that is floating around the internet. Flash cards will definitely help too.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Thanks for the response! My problems are mostly content based so I plan on knocking out flash cards and practice questions over the next few weeks before getting to any more practice tests.