Marked questions (SNS) - top score vs. kaplan vs. whats the real thing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjmady7

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On Top Score tests you can go back and review the entire SNS. With Kaplan, once you move past bio you cannot go back and checked questions you marked.. with each company it was different.. whats the deal on the real DAT?

Members don't see this ad.

On the real thing, once you reach the end of a section, you can go back and 1) review specific questions, 2) review all marked questions, or 3) review all incomplete questions. So you don't necessarily have to mark a question to go back and review it, if you can remember the exact question(s) you need to go back and review (I wouldn't recommend this under actual test-taking conditions), but I'd just mark anything that you think you might even have the slight possibility of wanting to review.

Achiever modeled this "feature" of the actual DAT exactly... not sure how TopScore is set-up.

On the real thing, once you reach the end of a section, you can go back and 1) review specific questions, 2) review all marked questions, or 3) review all incomplete questions. So you don't necessarily have to mark a question to go back and review it, if you can remember the exact question(s) you need to go back and review (I wouldn't recommend this under actual test-taking conditions), but I'd just mark anything that you think you might even have the slight possibility of wanting to review.

Achiever modeled this "feature" of the actual DAT exactly... not sure how TopScore is set-up.
i understand how it works.. but with specific regard to the SNS sections.. in kaplan.. you go back and check the ones you marked in the bio section IMMEDIATELY after you are done with bio and the same for the other science sections.. with top score, you finish the entire sciences section and then you review marked/incomplete AFTER the whole thing.. just wondering what the real thing was like.. my test is tomorrow so please reply if you see this.. thanks .. and i guess not a huge deal because i'll know as soon as i finish bio but i want to pace myself accordingly and don't want any surprises.. na mean?

i understand how it works.. but with specific regard to the SNS sections.. in kaplan.. you go back and check the ones you marked in the bio section IMMEDIATELY after you are done with bio and the same for the other science sections.. with top score, you finish the entire sciences section and then you review marked/incomplete AFTER the whole thing.. just wondering what the real thing was like.. my test is tomorrow so please reply if you see this.. thanks .. and i guess not a huge deal because i'll know as soon as i finish bio but i want to pace myself accordingly and don't want any surprises.. na mean?

There's no option to review after each science section. Like TopScore, you finish the entire sciences section before you can review all marked or incomplete. You can however, hit the "Previous" button and review individual questions one at a time, but you could waste valuable time go back through all the questions like that.

There's no option to review after each science section. Like TopScore, you finish the entire sciences section before you can review all marked or incomplete. You can however, hit the "Previous" button and review individual questions one at a time, but you could waste valuable time go back through all the questions like that.
thanks.. i feel much better now.. wow.. kaplan needs to step up their game.. it surprises me how so many of these companies have so many flaws.. anyway thanks again