Marquette Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Big_Poppa DDS

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone with questions about MUSOD, I will be happy to help?

Members don't see this ad.

hello,

does marquette have any kind of early admissions program?

Big Poppa,

Ill be there on Wednesday (14th) starting at about 230 pm for an interview. Are you participating in the interview process at all?

thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I don't think marquette has an early admissions but they have a 3 year dental scholars program that guarantees them admission if they maintain a certain gpa and DAT.

I am not invovled in the admission process, last year I gave tours but this year I have patients on the day the interviews are being held on.

Good luck!

hi big_poppa...I would actually love to come to the US to do my dental education just due to the large number of opportunities to get into a speciality but the major issue is the 'loans'...does MUSOD offer any scholarships for canadian students, and if so what are they looking for in terms of stats...also what are the values of these scholarships...(I would I also love to hear from other canadian students regarding their US dental school)

A three year dental scholars program, thats interesting could you say more? is it geared toward Wisconsin residents?

So if i'm in my second year of college with a very high g.p.a and am primarily interested in Marquette I could make my intent known to them and if I qualify i'll be guaranteed admission for the appropriate year, probably two or three years away right after I have completed my bachelor's as long as I fulfill the requirements (maintaining sufficient g.p.a. & DAT scores). Just want to make sure were talking about the same thing, as I also think there are some programs which allow acceptance without a bachelor's, and this does not interest me.

thanks so much,

On second thought I would be interested in acceptance without a bachelor's, I just am reallys interested in the idea of getting a conditional acceptance for down the road. Just looking to use my good grades to my advantage while I still have them, thats all.

thanks,

Just wondering if interviews are mandatory for Marquette? I have heared they weren't. Thanks.

Juice,

Interviews for Marquette are *not* mandatory, although applicants may be invited for interviews prior to being accepted.

Brian Trecek, the Director of Admissions comes to my undergrad once or twice a year, and it seems like he does many "interviews" (upon request) at that time.

I think interviews are only mandatory for Wisconsin residents. They are being held today and tommorrow. When I was accepted I was not interviewed.

hi Big_Poppa...it would really be helpful if you could answer the questions I had posted before...(let me repost 'em):

does MUSOD offer any scholarships for canadian students, and if so what are they looking for in terms of stats...also what are the values of these scholarships...(I would I also love to hear from other canadian students regarding their US dental school)

Almost everyone gets an entrance scholarship, it used to be 3000 - 5000 dollars. But there are no big scholarships, especially for canadians. You can also get a renewal scholarship if you maintain above a 3.0. The higher your class rank the better the scholarship. I am around the top 20 in the class and my scholarship is 4000 dollars - nothing really but it covers intsruments.

hey big_poppa;
three questions:
have you had a chance to see the new clinics yet?
what will an 18/18, 3.1 science, dental assisting exp. from michigan application hold, in your opinion?
where did the name big_poppa originate??
Thanks alot, and best wishes in the remainder of your studies.

lalo5

1. the new school is not built yet.

2. I think you would be competitive, I don't think marquette necessarily uses grades to choose the class, I think they go for diversity.

3. Big Poppa Pump was a wcw wrestler, a genetic freak, from Michigan

One more question:
I was wondering if Marquette sends "Secondary Apps." to everyone who applies or at least the majority of applicants. Thanks.

I am not sure, but I remember filling mine out 3 weeks before I was accepted (early December). Some people will get acceptances before the secondary app and they have you fill it out after. When I was in first year there were 4-5 people in my class that still had to turn in their personal statement!

hey, thanks for the answers; just a note for all, who might see this(being at the end of a long list of posts), the website for marquette has virtual classes that are open for all; pretty cool stuff, I've only had the chance to look at the outlines of procedures for full dentures, but their are a couple of other topics also....if you can, check it out!