Maryland Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

If my status changed from received/under review to None does it mean anything?

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an email that my Maryland Secondary was received along with an email that I forgot to attach a picture to my secondary (oops). Don’t remember seeing a space to submit a photograph? They asked me to email it to them so I think it’s fine anyways.
I just completed the secondary and also did not see the space for the picture?? Should I email them

I just completed the secondary and also did not see the space for the picture?? Should I email them
You can probably email them preemptively, otherwise they’ll email you to submit one

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we need to submit a photograph to the school for secondary app? I just finished submitting my dentist letter to school and receive the confirmation email saying that my app is moved to committee for review, but never see that I need to submit a photograph for anything.

Do we need to submit a photograph to the school for secondary app? I just finished submitting my dentist letter to school and receive the confirmation email saying that my app is moved to committee for review, but never seeing that I need to submit a photograph for anything.

They should send you another email in the future with the secondary application in it. In there (at least for me) there was a question to upload the picture at the bottom of the page.

They should send you another email in the future with the secondary application in it. In there (at least for me) there was a question to upload the picture at the bottom of the page.
Are there any essay questions? Any questions besides the photo upload?

I just received an interview invite. Has anyone else been able to reach through to their office or know a good time to call?

Reactions: 4 users
Interview
School: Maryland
Notification date: 9/14
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MD (IS)
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16
Application complete date: 6/24
GPA (science, overall): 3.50, 3.60
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/21/23/ N/A

@BMH500
@toothlover98 got the received email 8/21
@FutureD25

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Congrats those who got interviewes! Does UMD first send interviews to in states?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats those who got interviewes! Does UMD first send interviews to in states?
Someone on the interview tracker thread said that they got an interview as an OOS

Reactions: 1 user
Interview
GPA (science, overall): 3.50, 3.60
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/21/23/None

@BMH500
@toothlover98 got the received email 8/21
@FutureD25
Is the interview virtually or in person ?

Interview #4
Residency: CA (OOS)
Application complete date: 6/23
GPA (science, overall): 3.4/3.54
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/20/22/none

has anyone who received the secondary app, have not been invited for an interview yet ?

SO EXITED to get an interview at Maryland cause it is one of my top choices! I know u guys already knew they have sent out interviews but just sharing this with you to know where are they at processing. Also it was weird to get an interview this morning cause they sent them out yesterday but well they surprised me! Good luck to all others who are applied to Maryland!
School: UMD
Notification Date:09/15
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: Texas
AADSAS submitted: 7/23
secondary completed: 08/24
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/19/19/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/14
Method of interview: Virtual ( school note: Your interview will be held virtually using Zoom and you are expected to be logged in by 1:50pm.)

Reactions: 6 users
I applied this week and just received the supplemental. I'm assuming y'all just submitted a passport style photo?

I applied this week and just received the supplemental. I'm assuming y'all just submitted a passport style photo?
it doesn't necessarily need to be like a passport one but it should be formal. :D

• Care
Does anyone know the number of people they interview VS the number of people they accept? I have searched a lot but couldn't find anything.

Interview #5
Notification date: 9/17
Residency: NY
GPA (science, overall): 3.51, 3.34
DAT (AA/TS/PAT): 20/21/19

Interview #5
Notification date: 9/17
Residency: NY
GPA (science, overall): 3.51, 3.34
DAT (AA/TS/PAT): 20/21/19
Congrats! What dates are available?

Interview #3
Notification date: 9/23
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/26
Application complete date: 8/26 (email saying they received the photograph)
GPA (science, overall): 3.36, 3.54
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/19/21/none
Method of Interview: Virtual
Interview date: 10/28

Reactions: 5 users
Just got an interview invite today!

Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date:
7/27
Application complete date: 8/26 (secondary complete)
GPA (science, overall): 3.5, 3.8
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/23/30/25
Dates available OR your interview date:
10/28
Method of interview: Virtual (zoom)

Just got an interview invite!

Residency: Currently applying for in-state residency
Application complete date: 8/24 (secondary complete)
GPA (science, overall): 3.9, 3.92
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25AA | 23TS | 30 RC | 30 PAT
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/20
Method of interview: Virtual (zoom)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I called back to confirm the interview date, like it said to do in the email, but no one answered. I left a message... should I try calling back later? The voicemail box I reached said they are out of the office due to COVID.

Last edited:
I called back to confirm the interview date, like it said to do in the email, but no one answered. I left a message... should I try calling back later? The voicemail box I reached said they are out of the office due to COVID.
I left a voice message too and my number as well if they needed to call me back. I would try calling again if I don't hear back within a week

I left a voice message too and my number as well if they needed to call me back. I would try calling again if I don't hear back within a week

I called yesterday around 3ish and they picked up. I was able to confirm so i'd try calling this afternoon :)

Same here. No one answered the call.

Does Maryland interview everyone they send supplementals to?

After confirming the interview date through calling when do they email the zoom links and interview confirmation through email?

After confirming the interview date through calling when do they email the zoom links and interview confirmation through email?
Did the admission office pick up the phone when you called?

[/QUOTE
I got the confirmation email in just a minute after I called them.

So I realized I made a stupid mistake. When submitting the profile picture for the secondary app, I just used a regular headshot (not in formal clothes etc) with a hat on. I just realized I should have used a professional headshot. Does this look really bad? Should I email them with a different picture?

So I realized I made a stupid mistake. When submitting the profile picture for the secondary app, I just used a regular headshot (not in formal clothes etc) with a hat on. I just realized I should have used a professional headshot. Does this look really bad? Should I email them with a different picture?
Same here. The profile picture I sent is not professional too.....

I want to share my interview experience today:
It could be just me, and also different people have different opinions. But my interview experience was worse than I expected. One Dr. and one dental student interviewed me. The interview was not very interactive and they didn't make much comment on what I said. Most of the time, they just asked me a question, I answered, and they moved on to the next question without saying anything. The dental student literally just read the questions on her draft and never said anything after I answered the questions. That made me feel like they don't like my answers at all. I was embarrassed and nervous.
However, the student panel really did a great job on introducing the school and demonstrating the campus to us. Good luck everyone! :)

Reactions: 4 users
I want to share my interview experience today:
It could be just me, and also different people have different opinions. But my interview experience was worse than I expected. One Dr. and one dental student interviewed me. The interview was not very interactive and they didn't make much comment on what I said. Most of the time, they just asked me a question, I answered, and they moved on to the next question without saying anything. The dental student literally just read the questions on her draft and never said anything after I answered the questions. That made me feel like they don't like my answers at all. I was embarrassed and nervous.
However, the student panel really did a great job on introducing the school and demonstrating the campus to us. Good luck everyone! :)
same as my experience but at different dental college