Maryland Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I want to share my interview experience today:
It could be just me, and also different people have different opinions. But my interview experience was worse than I expected. One Dr. and one dental student interviewed me. The interview was not very interactive and they didn't make much comment on what I said. Most of the time, they just asked me a question, I answered, and they moved on to the next question without saying anything. The dental student literally just read the questions on her draft and never said anything after I answered the questions. That made me feel like they don't like my answers at all. I was embarrassed and nervous.
However, the student panel really did a great job on introducing the school and demonstrating the campus to us. Good luck everyone! :)
OMG. I felt the EXACT same way. Seriously I've been beating myself up thinking it was something I did or I somehow screwed up the entire interview but holy .... YES. My thoughts exactly.
I wanna add the DR. didn't even show her video and barely talked so I didn't even know if she was there????

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It could be just me, and also different people have different opinions. But my interview experience was worse than I expected. One Dr. and one dental student interviewed me. The interview was not very interactive and they didn't make much comment on what I said. Most of the time, they just asked me a question, I answered, and they moved on to the next question without saying anything. The dental student literally just read the questions on her draft and never said anything after I answered the questions. That made me feel like they don't like my answers at all. I was embarrassed and nervous.
However, the student panel really did a great job on introducing the school and demonstrating the campus to us. Good luck everyone! :)
How long was your interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #4
School: Maryland
Notification date: 10/1
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NC (OOS)
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/15
Application complete date: 8/28
GPA (science, overall): 3.35/3.47
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/22/23/none

I got the same feeling from my interview at another school. The point is interview is not make or break its just a factor like other parts of application, so hopefully its not gonna effect us negatively alot

I got the same feeling from my interview at another school. The point is interview is not make or break its just a factor like other parts of application, so hopefully its not gonna effect us negatively alot

I had the same experience! I think (hope) they were more focused on writing notes on what we were saying and that’s why they weren’t super interactive.

One other thing that I was thinking about is that they probably gonna weight interview less in their admission decision this cycle because of online format. Interviewing online is not even close to the one in person. During my interview day they also faced a technical issue and asked all of us to leave and login 30 mins later

Reactions: 2 users
Interview #4
Residency: NC (OOS)
Application complete date: 8/28
GPA (science, overall): 3.35/3.47
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/22/23/none
Is 8/28 for when you got the email for your secondary received?

Interview #3
Residency: MD (IS)
Application complete date: 9/01 (received email saying secondary received)
GPA (overall): 3.90
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/22/24/28/none

Q: I called the office and confirmed my interview date a couple of hours ago, but have not received an email confirmation. How long should I wait for an email before contacting again? I saw someone said they got the email immediately ...

Are they going to send invitations to all people who have done the secondary? :(

Are they going to send invitations to all people who have done the secondary? :(

I don’t think getting a secondary is a guarantee of getting an interview invite, just means you passed their minimum requirements. However, it’s still pretty early so just be patient ! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #4
Residency: MD (IS)
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/2
Application complete date: 8/28 (received email saying secondary received)
GPA (overall/science): 3.37/3.46
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/23/26/none

Called around 4:00PM to confirm and received a confirmation email for interview around 8:00PM

Interview #5
School: University of Maryland
Notification date: 10/08/2020
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16
Application complete date: 6/25
GPA (overall, science): 3.1, 3.02
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/25/24/25/None
Method: Virtual
Interview date: 11/17/20

Received secondary 8/18. Received secondary confirmation email 9/2.

Reactions: 3 users
So it seems they’re kind of going in order of when the secondary app was completed....?

Any people got invited today? Based on the thread, I was anticipating to see interview invites notification post today

I registered for my interview a few days ago but still haven't received the confirmation email with my login information. Anyone else experience the same thing?

I registered for my interview a few days ago but still haven't received the confirmation email with my login information. Anyone else experience the same thing?
If anyone's curious: I called today and they said that next email would be sent like a week before the interview.

nterview #5
Notification date: 10/27/2020
Residency: CT
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16
Application complete date: 6/25
GPA (overall, science): 3.6, 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/22/21/None
Method: Virtual
Interview date: 12/16/20

Does anyone know what the chances of admission are like with post decision day interviews? Are they far less than applicants who interview pre december?

For those interviewing today: are we supposed to log in by 2:30 or 2:50pm est?

For those interviewing today: are we supposed to log in by 2:30 or 2:50pm est?
I emailed the admissions about this. They said to log on at 2:50. 2:30 is just in case you have technical difficulty logging onto zoom.

Interview #5
Notification date: 10/27/2020
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28
Application complete date: Completed secondary 8/31
GPA (overall, science): 3.60, 3.55
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/22/29/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 12/9
Method of Interview: Zoom

Anybody know if its possible to switch to in state status after 1 year?

Sooooo are they done interviewing? I’m in state and I think I have good stats (3.8, 23 DAT/PAT), have good shadowing hours, lots of extracurricular been to their programs for college students, submitted my app early and all that good stuff. I really want to get in for that sweet sweet in state tuition 😒. Are they done with interviews or are they going to continue in the spring

Sooooo are they done interviewing? I’m in state and I think I have good stats (3.8, 23 DAT/PAT), have good shadowing hours, lots of extracurricular been to their programs for college students, submitted my app early and all that good stuff. I really want to get in for that sweet sweet in state tuition 😒. Are they done with interviews or are they going to continue in the spring
Sorry to hear that. Of course there is gonna be post December interviewes. No school gonna fill all of its class by pre December interviewes.

Sorry to hear that. Of course there is gonna be post December interviewes. No school gonna fill all of its class by pre December interviewes.
Thanks. I didn’t know if there were post dec interviews. Sorry for sounding so salty

Hi! I’m interviewing in a couple of weeks and I had a quick question for those who have already interviewed. In the email confirmation, it says “Interviews and Student Panel 1pm-3pm.”

How do we know when our actual interview is? Will we be sent a schedule or do they just send us into breakout rooms on the day of? Thank you in advance!! :)

Hi! I’m interviewing in a couple of weeks and I had a quick question for those who have already interviewed. In the email confirmation, it says “Interviews and Student Panel 1pm-3pm.”

How do we know when our actual interview is? Will we be sent a schedule or do they just send us into breakout rooms on the day of? Thank you in advance!! :)
They will send you to breakout rooms randomly during the panel

Received a post December interview OOS this morning!

Received a post December interview OOS this morning!

I did as well! Did anyone try to reach out to the number given in the email? Nobody responded, so I left the voice mail instead, but I am little worried if I am actually confirmed for the interview

I did as well! Did anyone try to reach out to the number given in the email? Nobody responded, so I left the voice mail instead, but I am little worried if I am actually confirmed for the interview
Just wait for them to return the call or reach out to them tomorrow.

Congrats on the interview. Is Dec 15th considered a post december or pre-december interview? :unsure:
I would consider it as post because most decisions will be made on December 15 from pre-december interviews. Adcom needs to evaluate your interview performance which is unlikely giving out the decision on the date of 15th.

My AADSAS status changed from "invited for interview" to "received/under review" 😬. Anyone else?