Maryland Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mine went from Received/Under Review to None.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Received and Under Review, I don't remember if I got secondary from UM. Any thoughts?

I actually got my secondary form and paid the supplemental fee. Just got to wait for it.

Does anyone know how many in-state and out of state they take?

On the Admissions website for UMD DDS:

Screenshot 2020-07-17 13.44.11.png

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! My status says "Received/waiting addition information", is this happening for anyone else? I am retaking my DAT in Sept. so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. Good luck to everyone this cycle! :)

Has anyone received the secondary application yet? Not the supplemental fee, but the invite for the secondary application. Thank you!

Reading last year's thread it looks like most people got the secondary by the end of July... They must be really delayed this year :(

Reading last year's thread it looks like most people got the secondary by the end of July... They must be really delayed this year :(
I love the profile pic

• Haha
I also got the secondary!! :D :D I am OOS!

Received secondary as well and am oos.. looks like everyone at the same time!

Also got the secondary!
I'm IS, GPA: 3.54 DAT: 22AA/21TS
What are the chances of getting an interview if you got the secondary invite?

Regarding the question "Have you had a gap year?", I just graduated last spring. So really I haven't completed a gap year yet, but am in the process. Any suggestions on whether you check yes or no for this box?

Received a supplemental app. I have read that getting a supplemental is pretty much a guarantee of getting an interview. Any truth to that? Hopefully they are ok with what I wrote for my gap year

3.54 GPA/3.4SGPA
23DAT
OOS

Regarding the question "Have you had a gap year?", I just graduated last spring. So really I haven't completed a gap year yet, but am in the process. Any suggestions on whether you check yes or no for this box?
Same question here. Does anyone know?

I would say no because this is considered your application process year. I graduated spring 2019 so I marked yes for taking a gap year.

How likely are you to get an interview if you received the supplemental? Also, how long does it take to hear back about an interview after submitting the supplemental application?

Can anyone clarify the clause "Do you wish to be considered for in-state tuition status"? I am out of state, and would naturally like to apply to state residency (though I imagine this won't happen until year two) to cash in on lower tuition. Is this question asking if A) I am currently a Maryland resident and need to verify in-state tuition status or B) I am OOS and would like to seek Maryland residency....
Pretty sure it’s saying if you are a resident or not at this moment (and later you can qualify for in state but not during this application).

Received a supplemental app. I have read that getting a supplemental is pretty much a guarantee of getting an interview. Any truth to that? Hopefully they are ok with what I wrote for my gap year

3.54 GPA/3.4SGPA
23DAT
OOS
Receiving a secondary is a good sign (means your app wasn’t filtered out by the algorithm). But I doubt it is anywhere close to a guarantee for an interview. It just means you exceeded baseline criteria.

Receiving a secondary is a good sign (means your app wasn’t filtered out by the algorithm). But I doubt it is anywhere close to a guarantee for an interview. It just means you exceeded baseline criteria.
fair enough but I fail to see how the supplemental would meaningfully filter out students before interviews are sent out because all they ask if what you did during your gap year and I expect most people would be working at dental practices, shadowing, volunteering, etc

fair enough but I fail to see how the supplemental would meaningfully filter out students before interviews are sent out because all they ask if what you did during your gap year and I expect most people would be working at dental practices, shadowing, volunteering, etc
i don’t believe the secondary is used heavily in the decision process. It’s just there to collect data on student demographics. In some instances it may contain information the admissions committee can use to make a decision on a borderline candidate.

So basically if you received the secondary I think your app gets forwarded to an actual person to review now. Obviously a good sign you surpassed the initial cut, but still not guaranteed for an interview.

but if you did not receive the secondary, I think that’s more telling.

Anyone else not able to find the supplemental app after clicking the link? I created my account but cannot find the supplemental app on the website.

Anyone else not able to find the supplemental app after clicking the link? I created my account but cannot find the supplemental app on the website.

This happened to me, it turns out when I registered my account it didn’t go through so I had to register it again for the supplemental to show. I hope this helps.

Just got an email that my Maryland Secondary was received along with an email that I forgot to attach a picture to my secondary (oops). Don’t remember seeing a space to submit a photograph? They asked me to email it to them so I think it’s fine anyways.

Just got an email that my Maryland Secondary was received along with an email that I forgot to attach a picture to my secondary (oops). Don’t remember seeing a space to submit a photograph? They asked me to email it to them so I think it’s fine anyways.
same thing happened to me lol

Just got email to complete secondary app. My app was complete August 21st!