You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Maryland Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread
Started by artist2022
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
What was your interview date?My AADSAS status changed from "invited for interview" to "received/under review" 😬. Anyone else?
10/28What was your interview date?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I intervied 9/28. I googled this topic and the consensus seems to be that AADSAS status changes don't mean anything and that we should ignore it
Yeah, don't worry too much about it. I interviewed on 9/29 and mine changed to "received/under review" as well.I intervied 9/28. I googled this topic and the consensus seems to be that AADSAS status changes don't mean anything and that we should ignore it
I have a pretty through reply in the 2024 forum describing how to achieve in state for second year. It is more difficult due to COVID, but still possibleYes it is possible, but it is very hard from what I've heard.
from what I've seen, they will start calling at 8AM EST and will send an emailDoes anyone know when the admissions committee going to send out acceptances and whether it’s email formatted or a letter
thank youfrom what I've seen, they will start calling at 8AM EST and will send an email
ACCEPTED AT 6:42!!!!!!!!!! UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!!!
CONGRATS!Accepted !
same to you !CONGRATS!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats guys!! Did your AADSAS status change?
Accepted at 6:42 am!!!!
Last edited:
Accepted at 5:50AM CST!
CONGRATS! I've been following your story for a while and it's quite an inspiration! You must feel amazing!Accepted at 5:50AM CST!
Anybody know if we can start sending transcripts over to UMSOD admissions office if we know for sure that we're attending? Idk if there's a process that UMSOD walks us through after we pay both our deposits/submit acceptance of offer form
Mr. Handsome boy
Full Member
Mine is still "Invited for Interview". Does it mean I got waitlisted?
Not necessarily. I'd keep waiting through the week just in case. If you are waitlisted you should receive an email in the coming hours/daysMine is still "Invited for Interview". Does it mean I got waitlisted?
Last cycle they sent acceptances throughout the day, so hopefully they send more :/
Mr. Handsome boy
Full Member
Any more acceptance?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations on your acceptance!Anybody know if we can start sending transcripts over to UMSOD admissions office if we know for sure that we're attending? Idk if there's a process that UMSOD walks us through after we pay both our deposits/submit acceptance of offer form
There will be a way to submit a transcript via AADSAS. I would just wait for further instruction so it doesn't get lost in the holiday/application cycle load. Usually a second deposit to confirm your seat is also due in the spring.
Mr. Handsome boy
Full Member
Are they still sending out acceptance? =(
They’re done with their first round unfortunately...
So is getting in state tuition just a matter of luck so long as you're working/volunteering in the state, registered to vote in Maryland, car registered in Maryland, taxes paid in Maryland, etc? I'm wondering how likely it is that I will actually be able to get a discount on tuition this way. If I cannot, Michigan is actually cheaper for me
Looking for words of encouragement for those who didn’t hear back pls 🙁 🙁
Looking for words of encouragement for those who didn’t hear back pls 🙁 🙁
This year due to COVID a lot of people accepted more interviews than they normally would have due to no traveling this could cause individuals to have more acceptances. But in a month or so a lot of people will withdraw their applications giving other people a chance. Don't lose hope!
Thank you that gives me hope! Also, when’s the deadline to put down the deposit?This year due to COVID a lot of people accepted more interviews than they normally would have due to no traveling this could cause individuals to have more acceptances. But in a month or so a lot of people will withdraw their applications giving other people a chance. Don't lose hope!
First deposit is due Jan 15Thank you that gives me hope! Also, when’s the deadline to put down the deposit?
daisybunnie
Full Member
Same I was wonderingIf we interviewed today, when would we hear back from the school? after Jan 15?
Probably within 2 weeks. When I interviewed last cycle at another school post december people who were accepted were notified within daysIf we interviewed today, when would we hear back from the school? after Jan 15?
lengdg2
New Member
Anyone still have "invited to interview" as their status? I had an interview back in October and it went really well. I've sadly had 4 interviews one with Touro, Buffalo, West Virginia and Maryland. Still have not heard back from 8 different schools. The interviews went exceptionally well but I was still waitlisted for the 3 schools I've heard back from. Crossing my fingers on this one...starting to lose hope 🙁.
Mine says that. But we must not lose hope!! I also think my interview went pretty well, so it was a bummer not hearing back yesterday.Anyone still have "invited to interview" as their status? I had an interview back in October and it went really well. I've sadly had 4 interviews one with Touro, Buffalo, West Virginia and Maryland. Still have not heard back from 8 different schools. The interviews went exceptionally well but I was still waitlisted for the 3 schools I've heard back from. Crossing my fingers on this one...starting to lose hope 🙁.
lengdg2
New Member
You in-state or out of state? I am from New York.Mine says that. But we must not lose hope!! I also think my interview went pretty well, so it was a bummer not hearing back yesterday.
In-state!You in-state or out of state? I am from New York.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
daisybunnie
Full Member
Do you think i get noticed if I get rejected soon (I interviewed today)Probably within 2 weeks. When I interviewed last cycle at another school post december people who were accepted were notified within days
fixngteeth
Full Member
Did anyone have difficulty trying to reach them on the phone? I called this morning to confirm my interview date but they didn't pick up. I left a message. I tried calling again just now but no answer🙁
Last edited:
No one is manning the office and there is a major snow storm in Maryland so they likely closed earlyDid anyone have difficulty trying to reach them on the phone? I called this morning to confirm my interview date but they didn't pick up. I left a message. I tried calling again just now but no answer🙁
Admissions from now through April will be done in rounds. Don't give up hope so soon!Do you think i get noticed if I get rejected soon (I interviewed today)
daisybunnie
Full Member
Asking cause Idk how soon I need to put the deposit down at another school. UMD is my top choice so I really hope it comes out soonAdmissions from now through April will be done in rounds. Don't give up hope so soon!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K