Maryland Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Ryxndek

D1 Minnesota
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
Link to last year's thread: Maryland Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: University of Maryland School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to school website: University of Maryland School of Dentistry

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.57
Science GPA: 3.47
DAT: 21.2AA, 21.0TS, 21.0PAT
Applied: 1,801
OOS: 1,539 Applied, 420 Interviewed, 237 Accepted
IS: 165 Applied, 129 Interviewed, 75 Accepted
International: 97 Applied, 15 Interviewed, 3 Accepted
# Enrolled: 133
Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.60
Science GPA: 3.52
DAT: 21.1AA, 20.7TS, 20.2PAT
Applied: 2,504
OOS: 2,138 Applied, 192 Accepted
IS: 186 Applied, 82 Accepted
International: 180 Applied, 14 Accepted
# Enrolled: 133
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 2.96-3.94
Overall: 3.15-3.95

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello, has anyone received the secondary application yet? I submitted my application on 06/19 and it says under review.

Members don't see this ad :)
just got the secondary application email today; anybody else having trouble logging in/making an account?

Reactions: 1 user
Do they only send them out to select people? My app was complete on 6/13 and I didn’t get an email to set up my portal weird
not sure. paid the secondary fee on 6/2 if that helps you out. haven't heard other people talking about the secondary either. as soon as they let me in, I'll be able to tell you what all it entails haha

Edit: finally let me in; there are essays. you need to submit a passport style photo as well

Last edited:
Ahh I didn’t get the secondary app email, i feel sad :(

Reactions: 3 users
not sure. paid the secondary fee on 6/2 if that helps you out. haven't heard other people talking about the secondary either. as soon as they let me in, I'll be able to tell you what all it entails haha

Edit: finally let me in; there are essays. you need to submit a passport style photo as well
When did they send you an email saying ur app was processed and forwarded for review? I sent my app in early but for some reason I got this email on 7/7.

When did they send you an email saying ur app was processed and forwarded for review? I sent my app in early but for some reason I got this email on 7/7.
6/21 is when i got the email that said:
"Your application has been processed and your admissions file has been forwarded to the Committee on Dental Recruitment and Admissions for review.

Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we respectfully request that you do not contact our office to check on the status of your application at this time. Our office will contact you if additional information is required.

Sincerely,

The Office of Admissions

University of Maryland School of Dentistry"

I submitted my app on 5/30 at midnight and it got verified the next day. It's very early in the cycle, so there will probably be more supplemental invites sent out this week and in the next weeks as well.

6/21 is when i got the email that said:
"Your application has been processed and your admissions file has been forwarded to the Committee on Dental Recruitment and Admissions for review.

Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we respectfully request that you do not contact our office to check on the status of your application at this time. Our office will contact you if additional information is required.

Sincerely,

The Office of Admissions

University of Maryland School of Dentistry"

I submitted my app on 5/30 at midnight and it got verified the next day. It's very early in the cycle, so there will probably be more supplemental invites sent out this week and in the next weeks as well.
I received the email that said thank you for applying and my application was received by officer of Admissions and will be processed.
Is this the same email?

I received the email that said thank you for applying and my application was received by officer of Admissions and will be processed.
Is this the same email?
This email said "Thank you for applying to the University Of Maryland School Of Dentistry. We have received your AADSAS application and have carefully reviewed it. Based on this review, we would like to invite you to continue with the admissions process."

Members don't see this ad :)
Is this the same email?
My application was verified on the 6th of June but I haven't gotten this email.

My application was verified on the 6th of June but I haven't gotten this email.
The exact email for me is "Thank you for applying to the University of Maryland School of Dentistry. Your AADSAS application has been received by the Office of Admissions and will be processed.

Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we respectfully request that you do not contact our office to check on the status of your application at this time. Our office will contact you if additional information is required. "

I applied on the 12th. Got this on June 19.

The exact email for me is "Thank you for applying to the University of Maryland School of Dentistry. Your AADSAS application has been received by the Office of Admissions and will be processed.

Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we respectfully request that you do not contact our office to check on the status of your application at this time. Our office will contact you if additional information is required. "

Thank you for this. I looked up my email and I did receive this the same day my app was verified.

Me too

I received this email today and I was verified around june 15th, but no Secondary yet
“Your application has been processed and your admissions file has been forwarded to the Committee on Dental Recruitment and Admissions for review”

Anyone who got the app complete email around 7/7 get the supp essays yet?

Reactions: 1 users
If this isn't against the rules, would someone mind sharing the Maryland supplemental essay questions? Just wondering

Has anyone who got app complete in july received the supplemental?

Interview # 4
School:
Maryland
Notification date: 8/29
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 05/30
Application complete date: 05/31
GPA (science, overall): 3.88, 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/19/19/No
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/13
Method of interview: Zoom

Interview # 4
School:
Maryland
Hi, congrats! When did you recieve your supplemental?

Reactions: 2 users
Just received my secondary app! 🥹🥹🥹🥹

Hello everyone!
I submitted my application the day AADSAS opened. As of now, I have only received 3 emails from UMD:

University of Maryland School of Dentistry- AADSAS Application Received (June 2)

Confirmation of App Fee/DAT Scores (June 2)

University of Maryland School of Dentistry- AADSAS Application Processed (June 5)

Is anyone else a bit confused???
Should I contact the school why they have not sent me the supplemental email yet??

Hello everyone!
I submitted my application the day AADSAS opened. As of now, I have only received 3 emails from UMD:

University of Maryland School of Dentistry- AADSAS Application Received (June 2)

University of Maryland School of Dentistry- AADSAS Application Processed (June 5)

Should I contact the school why they have not sent me the supplemental email yet??

Same here

Hello everyone!

from my understanding, maryland doesn't send supplementals to everyone. It's the next step in their process to receiving an interview. I thought everyone got a supplemental after submitting payment, but they don't do it this way according to reddit. So this could be why you're confused. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me, but that is what I was told.

Reactions: 3 users
from my understanding, maryland doesn't send supplementals to everyone. It's the next step in their process to receiving an interview. I thought everyone got a supplemental after submitting payment, but they don't do it this way according to reddit. So this could be why you're confused. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me, but that is what I was told.
I have heard this as well.

Hello everyone!

Try to be patient! Some schools take a little longer to send their supplementals. Some are also invite-only (ex. Maryland), therefore you don’t want to seem like you’re nagging the admissions office. I know it’s a stressful process though, but you got this!

Try to be patient! Some schools take a little longer to send their supplementals. Some are also invite-only (ex. Maryland), therefore you don’t want to seem like you’re nagging the admissions office. I know it’s a stressful process though, but you got this!
It’s crazy when your stats are well above the schools average along with an extensive resume and schools don’t recognize that. 😫 but i know it’s still early in the process and I need to be patient 🙏🏼🙏🏼

Interview #2
Notification date:
8/29
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/5/23
Application complete date: 6/7/23
GPA (overall, science): Overall 3.90, Science 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 22/22/22/no
Method of interview: Virtual

Interview #2
Notification date:
8/29
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/5/23
Application complete date: 6/7/23
GPA (overall, science): Overall 3.90, Science 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 22/22/22/no
Congrats! When did u submit ur secondary app?

Interview # 4
School:
Maryland
Congrats!! When did u submit ur secondary app?

Recieved a secondary today.

June 1st submission, verified on the 6th.

For those who received the supplemental essays Aug 7th, have you gotten an interview yet?

They sent me two emails on June 28th saying that they received my application and verified my DAT scores but I just got an email today saying that my application was processed. Does anyone know why the processing of my application was so delayed?

Interview #3
Notification date: 9/6
AADSAS mail-out date: 5/30
Application complete date: 5/31
Secondary received: 7/11
GPA (science, overall): GPA: 3.67 Overall:
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22AA, 23 TS, 22 PAT, 23 Reading—-> nothing below 17

Just got the supplementary app!!! 😁😁😁 So excited. Do they send this to people that are considering to interview?

• Care
Just got the supplementary app!!! 😁😁😁 So excited. Do they send this to people that are considering to interview?
First off, congrats! Second, yes that is usually a good sign and it precedes an interview invite. This is speaking out of experience as a re-applicant to Maryland, I got my interview invite a week or two after sending over my supplementary app. May I ask when did you originally send out your apps? Mine went out in mid-July this year in case you are curious.