Maryland English Comp email

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sch81

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sure a couple people here applying to or who applied in the past to Maryland received that email about not having enough English composition credit. I go to Temple, where the requirement is only one class (however they have other required classes that are essentially English comp classes), and I just emailed them back explaining the deal....did anyone call and speak to someone directly?

Even worse, did anybody have really good scores and get rejected from Maryland for this?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure a couple people here applying to or who applied in the past to Maryland received that email about not having enough English composition credit. I go to Temple, where the requirement is only one class (however they have other required classes that are essentially English comp classes), and I just emailed them back explaining the deal....did anyone call and speak to someone directly?

Even worse, did anybody have really good scores and get rejected from Maryland for this?

Yes sir. I gave Maryland their application fee last year just to hear back that because I was exempt from English 101 due to my SAT scores and placed into English 201 at U. at Buffalo I didn't have enough English credits. I would have to go back and take English 101 if I wanted to be considered. I pulled my application because I got into my top choice, but I wasted a bunch of money. Good luck to you. It may not be worth it unless you are a resident of MD. There are plenty of great schools that don't disqualify great applicants because of a technicality. I don't want any part of that. Thank you.

Yep, I got that e-mail. I e-mailed them back, informing them that I did have 6 credits of English but haven't heard back from them yet :rolleyes: