Mask IA and MIP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tigerbait225

Reaction score
Hello all,

Thank you in advance for looking at this. I think that I have myself in a unique situation. I currently have a strong GPA (3.85) and strong ECs. My freshman year, I received a mask IA (which does not appear on my transcript but does appear on my IA record) for doing laundry in my dorm basement without a mask on. This was spring '22. Additionally, my sophomore year, I unfortunately received an MIP charge while drinking at a private fraternity party when I was 19. The charge was dismissed and expunged by the court later that month. My target school requires me to report this charge on the secondary application because the app requires all charges to be reported regardless if they were dismissed, expunged, deferred, dropped etc.

I understand that these incidents are minor in their own right, but would they potentially force a negative perception of me to adcoms when together? I am prepared to write about these instances on my applications and how I have matured since the incidents. This has been a major source of stress for me because the idea of having two red flags on an otherwise clean application freaks me out. Should I be concerned about this, or will it have little to no effect on my application?

Members don't see this ad.

If you are able to show you feel remorse for your actions, then it will be fine.

Reactions: 1 user
They are trivial. Assuming the rest of your application demonstrates maturity, you will be fine.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Get a little help from student conduct to disclose these incidents and the followup. If you are authentic in your contrition, you'll be fine. Just don't enter an OR or sterile facility without a mask. :)

Reactions: 1 users