Mass college of pharmacy or USN or Pacific Unioversity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacy2007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have got accepted to University of Southern Nevada, Pacific University and Mass college of Pharmacy.They all are three year program.Which one do you think would be a better choice as far as training and reputation of school?

Members don't see this ad.

I have got accepted to University of Southern Nevada, Pacific University and Mass college of Pharmacy.They all are three year program.Which one do you think would be a better choice as far as training and reputation of school?

Not sure how much this will help but here is my two cents.
Pacific (in Oregon) patterned their PharmD program after USN (Southern Nevada). The tuition for USN I believe is a tad more than that at Pacific but they are both three year block curriculum programs that require you to get 90% on each exam. As far as I'm concerned I guess the question comes down to whether you want to live in Hillsboro/Portland Oregon or Henderson Nevada (or Salt Lake City, Utah if you chose or were assigned to the USN Utah campus). I know nothing about Mass other than I imagine cost of living would be more than the other three areas; sorry but I'm sure you'll get more comments as time passes.

Best wishes.

Not sure how much this will help but here is my two cents.
Pacific (in Oregon) patterned their PharmD program after USN (Southern Nevada). The tuition for USN I believe is a tad more than that at Pacific but they are both three year block curriculum programs that require you to get 90% on each exam. As far as I'm concerned I guess the question comes down to whether you want to live in Hillsboro/Portland Oregon or Henderson Nevada (or Salt Lake City, Utah if you chose or were assigned to the USN Utah campus). I know nothing about Mass other than I imagine cost of living would be more than the other three areas; sorry but I'm sure you'll get more comments as time passes.

Best wishes.

Gsinccom has a pretty unique perspective on this choice - she had the same choice to make earlier this year... also I think her advice is pretty sound.

I dont know much about the Umass program - but from what I understand - it is 4 years... USN & Pac U are both 3.

USN and Pac U are EXTREMELY similar in their programs (Pac U being modeled after USN)

One serious difference between the two is accreditation - Pac U has Pre-Accreditation, whereas USN is fully accredited.

That may be an issue for you - although in my opinion, I see Pac U receiving Candidate Status later this year.

Aside from that - You get to choose between too much rain or not enough of it. Good luck, and let us know what you decide (I am especially interested in your decision :D )

~above~

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there ~above~,

You got your Pacific acceptance yet!? If not I sure hope it comes soon!

Yes it is true that Utah and Nevada have deseret climates, and are much less "green" than Hillsboro, but there is a major difference as Northern Utah (where USN Utah is located) has 4 distinct seasons and gets quite a bit of snow in the Winter which is great if you are the outdoorsy(?) type:)

I think Mass has a 3 year program at their Worchester(?) campus but there Boston campus is 4 year.

Hi Gsinccom and aboveliquidice, Thank you for the information.