Master and Post Bac?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cristinayang16

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDN,

I decided that I was going to take a gap year after graduating to do a post bacc and then apply for medical school because I want to increase my undergrad gpa. However, with this plan I will have a year gone to waste just applying. I was thinking that instead I could do a post bacc along with a masters and apply at the end of my post bacc/year1 of masters so during the application year I will have something to do. It also ensures a back up plan in case I do not get into medical school.

I would have to do a post bacc that is more of an extension program like UCLA extension so that I can take those classes at night. I just wanted to know everyone's opinion on this. Is it doable?Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi SDN,

I decided that I was going to take a gap year after graduating to do a post bacc and then apply for medical school because I want to increase my undergrad gpa. However, with this plan I will have a year gone to waste just applying. I was thinking that instead I could do a post bacc along with a masters and apply at the end of my post bacc/year1 of masters so during the application year I will have something to do. It also ensures a back up plan in case I do not get into medical school.

I would have to do a post bacc that is more of an extension program like UCLA extension so that I can take those classes at night. I just wanted to know everyone's opinion on this. Is it doable?Thank you!

What's your undergrad GPA and there may be an easier way to raise it than post-bacc. For example retaking a few classes you got low marks in. Post-bacc may be too risky depending on your situation.