Masters Grades for Dental School Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AntiDentite19

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN, I recently graduate with an undergraduate sGPA 2.8 and oGPA 3.1. Basically I knew these numbers were not competitive enough for Dental Schools to consider me and didn't want to take the risk of waisting time so I enrolled into a 2 year Masters Program for Biology.

I plan on taking the DAT in April and wish to apply to dental schools by mid June.

My question to anyone that knows: Can I apply to dental school with just the first year grades of my Masters program so I can be a prospective candidate for the Fall '17 class somewhere or will I have to wait until the program is over to have a COMPLETE transcript to apply, hence delaying a possible acceptance for a 2018 seat somewhere. Which I don't mind because I can work on building my resume and experience.

If anyone knows of anyone applying with an incomplete masters transcript to boost their sGPA and got accepted it would bring me more motivation while I study for these next 3 months

Members don't see this ad.

Hello SDN, I recently graduate with an undergraduate sGPA 2.8 and oGPA 3.1. Basically I knew these numbers were not competitive enough for Dental Schools to consider me and didn't want to take the risk of waisting time so I enrolled into a 2 year Masters Program for Biology.

I plan on taking the DAT in April and wish to apply to dental schools by mid June.

My question to anyone that knows: Can I apply to dental school with just the first year grades of my Masters program so I can be a prospective candidate for the Fall '17 class somewhere or will I have to wait until the program is over to have a COMPLETE transcript to apply, hence delaying a possible acceptance for a 2018 seat somewhere. Which I don't mind because I can work on building my resume and experience.

If anyone knows of anyone applying with an incomplete masters transcript to boost their sGPA and got accepted it would bring me more motivation while I study for these next 3 months

Yes you can! I applied with only one year complete and received multiple interviews and acceptances. Just make sure you do really well(all A's) in every single class you take that first year to prove you can handle those upper level courses.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes you can! I applied with only one year complete and received multiple interviews and acceptances. Just make sure you do really well(all A's) in every single class you take that first year to prove you can handle those upper level courses.

Awesome! Congrats on the acceptances. Yes, Im trying to make sure I get an A in every class this semester. Between the combination of these two semesters I will be finished with 18 credits of sciences and hopefully a perfect 4.0. Will they take that into consideration or did you take more than 18 credits your first semester when you applied.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tj
Awesome! Congrats on the acceptances. Yes, Im trying to make sure I get an A in every class this semester. Between the combination of these two semesters I will be finished with 18 credits of sciences and hopefully a perfect 4.0. Will they take that into consideration or did you take more than 18 credits your first semester when you applied.

Thanks!! I had 22 or 24(I forget) by the time I applied so you're right on par. As long you're doing well and you do well on the DAT you'll be fine, no worries. Just make sure everything else in your app is solid and you'll be fine.

Reactions: 1 users
What's your DAT? A SMP is the way to go. I did it and got a LOA