Match '04

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Originally posted by kungfufishing
how much emphasis do they put on the dean's letter, anyway? i mean, Ive never even MET our dean (he's new). my class rank is pretty mid-pack even though my GPA is pretty good. are they just wanting to make sure im not a complete thug, or is the dean's letter actually quite important and Ive made a grave error by not bribing him?

Remember, the "dean's letter" is actually the MSPE - Med School Progress Eval. It doesn't have to be written by a dean. The reason it is so important is that it verifies not only what you have done to date (including some comment on performance) but that the institution reasonably expects you to meet graduation standards. If it includes comments that indicate you are a stellar applicant - great, but the residency also needs to know that you will finish...

At least that's my understanding.

- H

Members don't see this ad.

Well if the letter is basicly to say that I am going to graduate then, I am in luck, COMLEX 2 is out and I passed, now I have to just sit back and wait through 4 more rotations! Nice to know that the end is near.