Match List 2020 - post what you got

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Harvard

Anesthesiology (4)

• BWH
  • BWH
  • BWH
  • BWH
Dermatology (8)
  • Harvard
  • Harvard
  • Northwestern
  • Stanford
  • Stanford
  • UCSF
  • UCSF
  • UPMC
Emergency Medicine (7)
  • Alameda/Oakland
  • Harvard
  • Harvard
  • Harvard
  • NYU
  • Sinai
  • UMichigan
Family Medicine (2)
  • Lancaster
  • UCSF
General Surgery (11)
  • BIDMC
  • BWH
  • BWH
  • BWH
  • Hopkins
  • Hopkins
  • MGH
  • MGH
  • MGH
  • MGH
  • Penn
Internal Medicine (51)
  • BIDMC
  • BIDMC
  • Brown
  • BWH
  • BWH
  • BWH
  • BWH
  • BWH
  • BWH
  • BWH
  • BWH
  • BWH
  • BWH
  • BWH
  • BWH
  • BWH
  • BWH
  • Cedars-Sinai
  • Columbia
  • Cornell
  • Cornell
  • Hopkins
  • Hopkins
  • Mayo - Jacksonville
  • MGH
  • MGH
  • MGH
  • MGH
  • MGH
  • MGH
  • MGH
  • MGH
  • MGH
  • Michigan
  • Northwestern
  • NYU
  • NYU
  • NYU
  • Sinai
  • Stanford
  • Stanford
  • Stanford
  • Stanford
  • UCLA
  • UCSD
  • UCSF
  • UCSF
  • UCSF
  • UCSF
  • UMass
  • Yale
Med-Peds (2)
  • BWH/BCH
  • Penn
Neurology (5)
  • BIDMC
  • BWH/MGH
  • BWH/MGH
  • BWH/MGH
  • UCSF
Neurosurgery (2)
  • UCSF
  • UWashington

OB/GYN (12)
  • BIDMC
  • BWH/MGH
  • BWH/MGH
  • BWH/MGH
  • Duke
  • Northwestern
  • NYU
  • NYU
  • UChicago
  • UCSF
  • UCSF
  • UNC
Ophthalmology (10)
  • Columbia
  • Harvard/MEEI
  • Jefferson/Wills
  • Jefferson/Wills
  • OHSU
  • Stanford
  • UCLA
  • UMichigan
  • USC
  • Yale
Orthopaedic Surgery (12)
  • Duke
  • Harvard
  • Harvard
  • Harvard
  • Harvard
  • New Mexico
  • NYU
  • Stanford
  • UC Irvine
  • UCLA
  • UConn
  • Wake Forest
Otolaryngology/ENT (4)
  • Henry Ford
  • Miami
  • Stanford
  • UCSF
Pathology (2)
  • BWH
  • MGH
Pediatrics (5)
  • BCH
  • BCH
  • BCH
  • Childrens National/Community Health
  • Childrens National/Community Health
Plastic Surgery (1)
  • BWH
Psychiatry (10)
  • BIDMC
  • BIDMC
  • BWH
  • CHA
  • Columbia
  • Hopkins
  • NYU
  • Stanford
  • UCSF
  • Yale
Radiation Oncology (6)
  • Harvard
  • Harvard
  • MSKCC
  • Stanford
  • UCSF
  • UMichigan
Radiology (Diagnostic) (4)
  • Duke
  • NYU
  • MGH
  • UCSF
Radiology (Interventional) (1)
  • MD Anderson

Urology (2)
  • BWH
  • Northwestern
Vascular Surgery (1)
  • Penn

More inbreeding here than an Alabama trailer park

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 54 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Haha that reminds me of when I was impressed by Georgetown's ortho matches and then a MS3 friend there told me they have like ~35 who apply into ortho and half match. Taking these match lists with a grain of salt :p
How can we use match lists to tell the percentages of people who got into their top choice? I think you bring up a good point, and now Im wondering how to analyze match lists between schools effectively

How can we use match lists to tell the percentages of people who got into their top choice? I think you bring up a good point, and now Im wondering how to analyze match lists between schools effectively

We can’t use match lists to tell what % got their top choice. It is fallacious to assume, for example, that everyone who applies IM is going to rank UCSF/BWH/MGH/JHU at the top of their ROL; same for any other specialty. It is also fallacious to assume that merely because one school matches more people to so-called “competitive” specialties that automatically means it is a better match list. Interpreting match lists between schools is messy.

But they’re not useless. Ask yourself two things: where do you want to be after med school? Do you have an idea of what kinds of things you want to do? Obviously this can change in med school, but it’s a good exercise. Then ask are people on the match list from the schools you’re deciding between doing the things I want to be doing? If yes, that’s about as much value as you get from a match list. If no, think about why that might be (are there biases you haven’t considered?). You probably need to look at 3-5 years worth of match lists to get a broad impression. The results will ultimately not be very surprising: schools associated with top academic centers or research institutions match a lot of students at top academic centers or research institutions, there is always regional bias, there is always a “home-field advantage” or many choosing to stay at the same institution. Don’t need to read 5 years of match lists to know HMS gives you the better shot of matching a Harvard residency, but everyone should also have the wherewithal to understand that’s not necessarily a desirable thing for every single student nor should it be.

One should also consider the likelihood that wherever one goes during medical school they will begin to have more and more reasons to stay put or close by or return home. Will that medical school prepare you well for doing that? If “returning home” means suburban Michigan to do FM then the answer is almost always yes no matter the school. If it’s “I want to do Ortho and live in NYC” then it’s not.

That said if you’re getting into this when deciding between schools chances are you are already making pretty granular distinctions between both.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18 users
We can’t use match lists to tell what % got their top choice. It is fallacious to assume, for example, that everyone who applies IM is going to rank UCSF/BWH/MGH/JHU at the top of their ROL; same for any other specialty. It is also fallacious to assume that merely because one school matches more people to so-called “competitive” specialties that automatically means it is a better match list. Interpreting match lists between schools is messy.

But they’re not useless. Ask yourself two things: where do you want to be after med school? Do you have an idea of what kinds of things you want to do? Obviously this can change in med school, but it’s a good exercise. Then ask are people on the match list from the schools you’re deciding between doing the things I want to be doing? If yes, that’s about as much value as you get from a match list. If no, think about why that might be (are there biases you haven’t considered?). You probably need to look at 3-5 years worth of match lists to get a broad impression. The results will ultimately not be very surprising: schools associated with top academic centers or research institutions match a lot of students at top academic centers or research institutions, there is always regional bias, there is always a “home-field advantage” or many choosing to stay at the same institution. Don’t need to read 5 years of match lists to know HMS gives you the better shot of matching a Harvard residency, but everyone should also have the wherewithal to understand that’s not necessarily a desirable thing for every single student nor should it be.

One should also consider the likelihood that wherever one goes during medical school they will begin to have more and more reasons to stay put or close by or return home. Will that medical school prepare you well for doing that? If “returning home” means suburban Michigan to do FM then the answer is almost always yes no matter the school. If it’s “I want to do Ortho and live in NYC” then it’s not.

That said if you’re getting into this when deciding between schools chances are you are already making pretty granular distinctions between both.
Real talk this needs to be added to @AnatomyGrey12 signature lol

Reactions: 1 user
1585180765867.png

Gathering information from a school's match list to assess their prestige be like. Jk jk, it is also simply enjoyable to see where people are going

Reactions: 7 users
View attachment 299791
Gathering information from a school's match list to assess their prestige be like. Jk jk, it is also simply enjoyable to see where people are going

How did you find this picture of me trying to figure out who is in my cohort before that info has been released?? (I found three institutions and one name from this thread so far, thanks guys!)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone has NRMP 2020 match for Long School of Medicine San Antonio.

Reactions: 1 users
MAYO CLINIC--MN

Anesthesiology (2)

Mayo Clinic-MN
Mayo Clinic-MN

Dermatology (3)
Mayo Clinic-MN
Mayo Clinic-MN
UCSD

Emergency Medicine (6)
UCLA
Alameda/Oakland
UCSD
George Washington
Denver Health Medical Center
Stanford

ENT (5)
UVA
UVA
Stanford
Kaiser Permanente
Barnes-Jewish

General Surgery (1)
Columbia

Joint General & Cardiothoracic Surgery (1)
Mayo Clinic--MN

Internal Medicine (7)
OHSU
Kaiser Permanente
MGH
UMichigan
Barnes-Jewish
NYU
OHSU

OB/GYN (1)
Mayo Clinic--MN

Ophthalmology (1)

Iowa

Orthopedic Surgery (3)
Hopkins
Stanford
Mayo Clinic--MN

Pathology(1)
Mayo Clinic-MN

Pediatrics (5)
Mayo Clinic--MN
Mayo Clinic--MN
CHOP
UMinnesota
Vanderbilt

Plastic Surgery (2)
UMass
UWashington

Psychiatry (2)
Mayo Clinic-MN
UWashington

Radiation Oncology (2)
Stanford
Hopkins

Radiology (Diagnostic) (1)
Mayo Clinic--MN

Vascular Surgery (1)
UMass

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Vanderbilt match list 2020

Attachments

• 2020-Match-Results.pdf
    105.8 KB · Views: 959
Wake Forest posted theirs today. Notable matches:

Plastics:
-Geisinger
-University of Mississippi

Neuro Surg:
-U of Cincy

Orthopaedic Surgery:
-U Kentucky
-Wake Forest
-Carolina Med Ctr

Ophtho:
-UT-Galveston
-Wake Forest
-Harbor-UCLA
-VCU

ENT:
-VCU

Rad Onc:
-Wake Forest
-Johns Hopkins

Attachments

• Wake Forest Match List 2020.pdf
    234.8 KB · Views: 647
Weill Cornell

Attachments

• Match List by Specialty Deidentified 2020.pdf
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,455
anybody have emory's match list?

hi @ wali

Last edited:
Would love the Ohio State match list if anyone has it!

Creighton 2020 Match

Edit: No change. Just reorganized so it looks better.

Attachments

• Creighton 2020 Match.pdf
    74 KB · Views: 417
Last edited:
UC Riverside

Attachments

• UCR 2020 Match.pdf
    140.1 KB · Views: 1,061
Cleared? Can't just wipe the names?
There is literally something written on our list that it is a conduct code violation to do so. Idk why they want us to wait, but it is what is is.

this is not an exhortation, but I must say: This is what throwaway accounts are for. :p
I know i figured as much lol

Idk what their reasoning is. They did the same last year