Match Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EvoDevo

Forging a Different Path
Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
All right, people. Let us know where you matched....if you wish.

Congrats to all who matched this year!

Members don't see this ad.

Boston University Medical Center! #1 choice!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
So Stoked. Got my #1 choice...drum roll.......... anonymity.

Last edited:
Also got my #1! Vanderbilt!

To the folks who Matched today - congratulations. To those who did not, or Matched somewhere unexpected, congratulations just the same. You have weathered a stressful and difficult year, you've all gone further and farther in this process than I have, and I for one am impressed. :thumbup:

If you participated in the SDN EM survey, please PM me with where you ended up on your ROL. If you have not participated, please consider doing so by following this link.

Now go home and party. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
#1 - Medical College of Wisconsin - Affiliated Hospitals

#1 at christ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UIC!!

I'll be the 2010-2011 Emergency Medicine Pharmacy resident!!!!

The only people who are posting here are the *******s who got their #1s.

What makes the people that got their #1 choice *******s? Often the people that post on SDN are all-star applicants and even if they are not complete all-stars, many applicants still get their top 1-3 spots.

What makes the people that got their #1 choice *******s? Often the people that post on SDN are all-star applicants and even if they are not complete all-stars, many applicants still get their top 1-3 spots.

Yeah, only *******s like me get less than their top 3, that's what I've heard anyway.

Not everybody got their number #1, so just stop with all this BS feel sorry for me nonsense. Given some of the really great people who post on the EM forums who didn't get any EM program at all, please show some decency by not bitching about how you didn't get your #1 program. It's 3 years and then you can go wherever you want.

Faced with the choice between not matching or matching to a place that's less desirable on your list, what would you pick? In the words of Mel Herbert (who's EM essentials course is fantastic btw), as an EM doc, what you do really matters. Would you be willing to trade your 3-10 (or whatever ranked) EM residency for somebody else's prelim surgery year (despite them willing to do whatever it takes to work shifts in the ED)?

Not everybody got their number #1, so just stop with all this BS feel sorry for me nonsense. Given some of the really great people who post on the EM forums who didn't get any EM program at all, please show some decency by not bitching about how you didn't get your #1 program. It's 3 years and then you can go wherever you want.

My thoughts exactly... I would trade anything to match into the last place on my ROL. Afterwhich I would be so excited that I wouldn't be able to contain myself. This never happened for me... so appreciate what you have as it could've easily not ended up that way.

To the folks who Matched today - congratulations. To those who did not, or Matched somewhere unexpected, congratulations just the same. You have weathered a stressful and difficult year, you've all gone further and farther in this process than I have, and I for one am impressed. :thumbup:

Now go home and party. :thumbup:

Ditto

This is true.

Yeah, only *******s like me get less than their top 3, that's what I've heard anyway.
This is not. From conducting the survey, I have had many good, qualified students send me their info, only not to match or match father down their list than they want. If I knew what made those folks slip down their list, I would shout it from the mountain tops.

Well, at the risk of being called something with lots of stars and an S, I also matched at my #1, St. Luke's-Roosevelt :love:

I'm pretty jazzed.

I did not get my #1, but I don't really care all that much - I ranked purely based on location and not because of how much I liked a particular program/the people/etc. I still ended up getting one of my top choices and, while the commute is going to be something I'll need to deal with, I liked the people and the available resources at this program much more than I did at my #1. It's a bit of a tradeoff, but I'm happy with it, and besides, I'll be done in 3 years. YAY! :thumbup:

Hey Tiger, congratulations on the match and welcome to Mayo Clinic! I am really excited about your class; you are part of an amazingly talented group of people. We are tremendously fortunate to get to work with you over the next few years! :)

TL

Thanks Thymeless--I'm excited!!!

Christ almighty, the folks at Christ have to be happy, considering 3 of their matched interns ranked them #1.

Congrats, guys/gals!