• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Match Statistics

temujim

15+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2002
2 spots didn't fill; I don't know who they are, but are in the "south".

I'm betting they were Vanderbilt and Wake Forest, both of whom went outside the match - so in reality looks like a run of the table.

Temujim

About the Ads

music710

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2003
Wake, really? man, I e-mailed them early on in the process (like July '03), and the dept chair told me they had NO spots this year. I wonder if they had already "agreed" to take a particular person -- but then got reneged?

Adawaal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2003
Tampa
  1. Attending Physician
Nope. Wake did not fill that slot. In fact, they didn't really have a spot to fill but were going to roll the dice about just "creating" another one, hoping the powers that be would grant their request after the fact.

desalmada

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2002
Originally posted by sonictooth
University of Virginia had one position available in the scramble.

On the NRMP website, it looks like it is still available!! (last updated 2:40 EST)

okay, let's be brave (or you can PM me), who's in contention for the U of Virginia position? The next day or two until he makes his decision are going to kill me!!

:scared:

good luck to you all, this whole process is killing me. A little solidarity between us (this whole thing is so big, it's got to be a little random) could ease the suspense (i.e. I dn't want to have false hopes any longer than I need to).

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.