Match Week One Drink A Day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lfesiam

Regional Guy for Hire!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Bloody Mary Monday

Gin and Tonic Tuesday

White Russian Wednesday

Thirsty Thursday

Franziskaner Friday

SoCo Saturday

Sake Sunday

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Alcoholics Anonymous After

Members don't see this ad :)
May be Newcastle, may be antifreeze.

Maybe... Cristal... or Hemlock?

(Nah, it's just the next four years of your life... just the best, most productive, energetic years of your life... that you'll spend being bitched at by 23-y.o. recent nurse grads who think they're smarter than you... 49 y.o. chronic migraineurs stopping you in the hallway in the ER as you're on your way to do a pre-op and asking if you're their doctor and if they can get some more Dilaudid... sitting in a lap chole that was "emergent" at 3:00 AM because the general surgery schmo can't get any block time when the sun is actually traversing the sky... being interupted by that G7P2 20-year-old during the middle of your epidural schpiel to clarify whether or not, after you put the epidural in, it's okay to smoke in the bathroom since she understands she won't be able to go outside [true story]... being instructed by a junior ED resident on the proper way to intubate a trauma patient... being sabotaged by any of the various assortment of "international" faculty who speak english as their third, maybe fourth, language...)

Hey, look at it this way: the economy is in the sh*tter and you're going to be one of the few gainfully employed, right?

(I'm not bitter. Really. It's almost over.)

-copro

(Nah, it's just the next four years of your life... just the best, most productive, energetic years of your life... that you'll spend being bitched at by 23-y.o. recent nurse grads who think they're smarter than you... 49 y.o. chronic migraineurs stopping you in the hallway in the ER as you're on your way to do a pre-op and asking if you're their doctor and if they can get some more Dilaudid... sitting in a lap chole that was "emergent" at 3:00 AM because the general surgery schmo can't get any block time when the sun is actually traversing the sky... being interupted by that G7P2 20-year-old during the middle of your epidural schpiel to clarify whether or not, after you put the epidural in, it's okay to smoke in the bathroom since she understands she won't be able to go outside [true story]... being instructed by a junior ED resident on the proper way to intubate a trauma patient... being sabotaged by any of the various assortment of "international" faculty who speak english as their third, maybe fourth, language...)

Hey, look at it this way: the economy is in the sh*tter and you're going to be one of the few gainfully employed, right?

-copro

Boy, Copro, that is rough my man. I'll toast to you on almost being done with your residency. :eek:

For us medical students, this will be one of the happiest time of our lives. cheers to that everyone! :soexcited:

-copro

And to top it all off, being asked what a D zero (DO) is (true story).

Members don't see this ad :)
Name ur match week drink :)

I'll be drinking homebrew, as well as plenty of my namesake cocktail. :D

Would be drinking a lot more if I weren't on my sub-I right now, but at least it sounds like they're gonna be cool about not making me come in post-match day.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. By the end of the week I should smell like an oversized hop. :smuggrin:

Bloody Mary Monday

Gin and Tonic Tuesday

White Russian Wednesday

Thirsty Thursday

Franziskaner Friday

SoCo Saturday

Sake Sunday

Messed up Monday
Trashed Tuesday
Wasted Wednesday
Thirsty Thursday
F**ked up Friday
Smashed Saturday
Fun Day Sunday

God I hate you guys! I wish I can participate in the festivites. However, as I am a medical student in London, we do things differently. Have a krap load of clinical assessments and paper exams over the next 3 months. My life right now is spent seeing patients and late nights in the library...I don't even get a vacation before I start residency (assuming I match :))....yaaa...I should have statyed home for medical school :/

however...If I were drinking, this would be my drink of choice :)

banana-bread-beer.jpg

I'll be drinking my homebrew I made for myself and a few classmates.
It is called the "Match-Bock," a German style Maibock that will likely pack a punch. Delicious.

hi copro, do you speak a second language ?
fasto

I actually am functionally literate in three languages... four, if you count ebonics (which is probably considered more a dialect than an actual language, I suppose).

-copro

that's rather impressive copro, how come the you seem to look down on people who actually speak english as their second(3rd , 4rth ) language , shouldn't you admire them?
fasto

Mmmm...IPAs
Bridgeport by the way is amazing. I had it for the first time on the interview trail.

I agree. I love how they have the bakery built-in there. I also love the ESB! After my month in Portland, my threshold for beer quality and taste sky-rocketed. Not a heavy drinker but I love the taste of hop. Just started marinating meat in beer overnight prior to grilling. My secret recipe ---> marinate meat (usually sausages) in a hoppy beer overnight then switch to a pineapple juice brine in the AM----> proceed to the grill in the PM.

Usually I order the sampler at bridgeport:

2707562230_3e40246b9b.jpg

Last edited:
that is awesome man.

I'm a hoppy guy, love my IPAs.

466.jpg

Awesome beer. My mainstays are Bridgeport IPA, Stone IPA (out of San Diego, and Redhook ESB (from Seattle).

If you match in Portland, you have to try the Double Mountain beers out of Hood River. Holy **** man. http://www.doublemountainbrewery.com/beers.html

I just wish I could get them down in AZ where I go to school.

I'll be drinking my homebrew I made for myself and a few classmates.
It is called the "Match-Bock," a German style Maibock that will likely pack a punch. Delicious.

Totally awesome. You're making me want to take a match-day roadtrip!

Gimlet, what's in the fermenter now?

Nada, unless you count the gallon of hard apple cider I made last fall just messing around with a spare packet of dry yeast. I've been meaning to bottle it one of these days.

I just ordered the ingredients for an all-grain American Pale Ale yesterday from Midwest (following a recipe from a recent BYO, for the most part).

I also talked my wife into letting me get my birthday present early this year so I can brew on my golden weekend at the end of March. I think I'm going to go with a "Bayou Classic" banjo burner and an 11 gal. stainless steel brew kettle, although I need to determine if that will be too much burner for a relatively small diameter stockpot.

Hopefully my APA will be ready to drink by graduation mid-May. Love the name Match-Bock, btw...very clever!

Last edited:
I also talked my wife into letting me get my birthday present early this year so I can brew on my golden weekend at the end of March. I think I'm going to go with a "Bayou Classic" banjo burner and an 11 gal. stainless steel brew kettle, although I need to determine if that will be too much burner for a relatively small diameter stockpot.

Nice burner dude. The 200k BTUs will bring things to a boil in no time. I think you'd be alright with that pot, 11 gal capacity is a lot of water to stand up to a boil. Northern Brewer has an 10 gallon "Megapot" for around $115 that is a little wider and very sturdy if you were worried about damaging the pot with your nuclear burner.