Matching as an IMG?

Started by bochaw
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bochaw

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi I'm a final year non US - international medical student , and am planning to get residency in US. One of my favourite specialty is PMR. Is it very hard to match PMR ? Any IMG matched these years?
 
PM&R is becoming more competitive. Review Charting Outcomes for more details. http://www.nrmp.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Charting-Outcomes-2014-Final.pdf. I interviewed two years ago and believe that I had less than five IMGs on all of my ten interviews combined. You are probably going to need 14+ ranked programs in PM&R to have a good shot of match. You should plan on applying to every PM&R program under the sun...and also having a good plan B specialty that is less competitive.

Good luck.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ya I have read it. But it seems that there are only a few IMG applied to PMR, so i don't know whether it is hard to match or not