Math Test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NerdyAndrea

Pre-Med Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a math test this morning! Everybody hope I keep the standing as highest grade in class. It's a C+ class average is D- Pre-calculus, and gosh tests are crazy at least it's multiple choice!!!!

And does anyone know of any sites like http://www.purplemath.com for the sciences?

A

Members don't see this ad.

A multiple choice math test? Really?

Can't you just take the answers given and quickly work your way backward to find which one leads to the original question? Should be pretty simple.

I've never heard of a multiple choice mathematics exam.

SLC

That does seem kind of odd for multiple choice math exams but I guess it could be set up in a way that they offer several "answers" via common mistakes students will make in addition to the right answer, plus it probably makes it way easier to grade just sending it through a scantron machine versus having to hand-grade each individual exam, particularly if it's a huge section.

That aside, I kind of agree with SLC - what's to stop you from working backwards from the solution, especially in pre-calc? As long as you know your algebra and how you can manipulate the terms, you should be able to do this relatively quickly.

Members don't see this ad :)
HAHA she switched tests this morning.....it was scratch paper and graphing calculator, and not what we studied for the chapter......We all did our best.....we'll find out later.

No more multiple choice.