Maxwell pocket guide?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

serimeri

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My pocket guide seems to have disappeared during my move. I was wondering if anyone has anything similar they use as an app for the phone? I referenced it occasionally for normal lab values, things to add to my notes etc. But not much else.

I wish it was a kindle version.

Should I just buy another one to put in my white coat?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

If I were you I'd buy another one. Isn't it only like $5 or something?

Reactions: 2 users
I bought a Maxwell ' for 3rd year. Used it about 10 times. Carried it around about halfway through intern year and cracked it once or twice, 1 for the Snellen chart, 1 for the ruler) and list it when I didn't take it our of the pocket of my white coat when I washed it. Never missed it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I bought a Maxwell ' for 3rd year. Used it about 10 times. Carried it around about halfway through intern year and cracked it once or twice, 1 for the Snellen chart, 1 for the ruler) and list it when I didn't take it our of the pocket of my white coat when I washed it. Never missed it.
Basically same. It's one of those things everyone gets in their head they must buy...like oto and ophthalmoscopes during first year of med school. At least I avoided the latter.

My problem is I always forget it's in my pocket. If it weren't for that, all the times I've remembered it I was glad to have it. It's nice because it doesn't need a battery. I never remember what references I have on my phone anyway. At tool is only as good as you remember where it is. I like Maxwell especially helpful for the stroke and neuro pages, and the pages about note writing.

The other option is the white coat clipboard, it has much of the same reference stuff on it, and I would remember it as a reference because it was usually in my hand and it's big.