MBA or DENTISTRY?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This one part I agree with. Many applicants do really believe this and want this, but it's best to say a more believable reason since it's so easy to sound insincere.

But to address your original post, I'd say this: Please believe the other posts that if you don't passionately love teeth, saliva, blood, dealing with people, horrible breath, surgery, and sculpture, you will not be a content dentist. You will probably be able to make a lot, but it simply isn't worth it for you and is not fair to your future patients. It is four years of humiliation as you learn completely alien concepts and mechanics. Before you're good at something you learn something new and it's a constant evolution (ask 5 different profs and get 5 different answers.) You need to want to be (or at least not MIND being) wrist deep in pus and blood and plaster to deal with a 35-year career in dental medicine.

There are SO many fields that you can enter with a sole financial goal. Some do enter dentistry for this reason, but remember that it's much more specific than many other business-ey professions.

Good luck with whatever you choose!
I do not passionately love saliva, bad breath, or blood, but I can deal with it. If you love these things, you have issues. I will love having the skills to relieve peoples pain and to make their smile look better. It is the reward of helping people and also their monetary payments that will help me deal with bad breath and saliva.

Members don't see this ad.

Wait......what is so wrong with loving teeth? I love teeth so much that I have included in my will that any property holdings should go directly to my teeth. I use tooth shavings as a garnish for my foods. Sometimes I dress up as a giant tooth and just stare at myself in the mirror for hours. (I could have taken this much farther)

Wait......what is so wrong with loving teeth? I love teeth so much that I have included in my will that any property holdings should go directly to my teeth. I use tooth shavings as a garnish for my foods. Sometimes I dress up as a giant tooth and just stare at myself in the mirror for hours. (I could have taken this much farther)

I'm going to be the first human being to impregnate a tooth, thereby giving life to half-human-half-tooth offspring.

I took it farther for ya.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to be the first human being to impregnate a tooth, thereby giving life to half-human-half-tooth offspring.

I took it farther for ya.:thumbup:

Make sure the future mother isnt on birth control:D

Ah yes, this kid has a scholarship to dental school with a PAT 16 and I can cure AIDS with my mind

Chuck Norris' tears can cure cancer. However, this is irrelevant, because Chuck Norris never cries

Although I agree with most of what you said,but there is a slight problem in what you said.I dont think dentists should LOVE teeth, cause then one can infer that:
OBGYN loves vagina and juices
Podiatrics loves foot
Urinologist loves urine and penis and kidney

and ................
However I believe that if you want to become good in any of these professions, you shouldnt have problem dealing with the negative sides of that job but you Dont HAVE TO love it

I love lamp.

Yeah you'd think thats the next logical move, right?

Yeah, seems like it. I wonder if the tables would be turned this time... Rampage is on fire and Wand is on ice. Did you see him in the crowd after the Liddell-Jardine fight shaking his head at the decision? :laugh: Pretty funny.

BTW, the UFC is killing Pride stars, it sucks. I think Dana is paying them to throw their fights; that, or the cage is ridiculously hard to get used to. First Cro-Cop, now Shogun. At least it worked out for Rampage.

Yeah, seems like it. I wonder if the tables would be turned this time... Rampage is on fire and Wand is on ice. Did you see him in the crowd after the Liddell-Jardine fight shaking his head at the decision? :laugh: Pretty funny.

BTW, the UFC is killing Pride stars, it sucks. I think Dana is paying them to throw their fights; that, or the cage is ridiculously hard to get used to. First Cro-Cop, now Shogun. At least it worked out for Rampage.

After Bisbing-Hamil, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that people are fixing things in certain fights...but I feel you on Pride, their fighters are so good they just seem lost and out of place in there. At least that division is stacked with potentially great cards now tho

And there is no way Wandy wants it with Rampage right now

Although I agree with most of what you said,but there is a slight problem in what you said.I dont think dentists should LOVE teeth, cause then one can infer that:
OBGYN loves vagina and juices best line evar! :D loves 'vagina'?
Podiatrics loves foot podiatrists love feet?
Urinologist (urologists?) loves urine and penis and kidney
and ................
However I believe that if you want to become good in any of these professions, you shouldnt have problem dealing with the negative sides of that job but you Dont HAVE TO love it

haha, I'm just teasing you...those were too good to pass up ;)

So, if we're going with an OB/GYN, I imagine that those persuing obstetrics are fascinated with pregnancy and birth, the process of growing and delivering new humans, and are interested in the pathologies that accompany all that stuff.

Similarly, someone fascinated with teeth might appreciate that there are so many different kinds of tissues in the mouth (most other parts of the body that size are pretty uniform), have a whole unique ecosystem, connect systemically to the rest of the body, etc. etc. Also, there is a large artistic and visceral component to dentistry; you sculpt teeth to replace the missing anatomy, you work with all kinds of materials to manipulate what you need. That's cool stuff!

Hope I made myself more clear. It will be a pretty bored and disgusted dentist that doesn't at least grow an appreciation for working inside the mouth! Ask any dentist; we'll get to the point where we feel so GOOD after fixing up a bombed-out mouth! To do that, you have to get in there and do your thing.

For those who are worried about bad breath and perio problems and all that; no one LIKES the stinkiness, but I imagine we adjust as we move on with our careers. We'd better get used to the gross stuff quickly! And it may take some longer than others, so it's fine to be queasy at first. Just like with gross anatomy....the first dissection is nasty, but then you realize that you'd better get over it in the next 10 seconds or you're already behind in the class!

haha, I'm just teasing you...those were too good to pass up ;)

So, if we're going with an OB/GYN, I imagine that those persuing obstetrics are fascinated with pregnancy and birth, the process of growing and delivering new humans, and are interested in the pathologies that accompany all that stuff.

Similarly, someone fascinated with teeth might appreciate that there are so many different kinds of tissues in the mouth (most other parts of the body that size are pretty uniform), have a whole unique ecosystem, connect systemically to the rest of the body, etc. etc. Also, there is a large artistic and visceral component to dentistry; you sculpt teeth to replace the missing anatomy, you work with all kinds of materials to manipulate what you need. That's cool stuff!

Hope I made myself more clear. It will be a pretty bored and disgusted dentist that doesn't at least grow an appreciation for working inside the mouth! Ask any dentist; we'll get to the point where we feel so GOOD after fixing up a bombed-out mouth! To do that, you have to get in there and do your thing.

For those who are worried about bad breath and perio problems and all that; no one LIKES the stinkiness, but I imagine we adjust as we move on with our careers. We'd better get used to the gross stuff quickly! And it may take some longer than others, so it's fine to be queasy at first. Just like with gross anatomy....the first dissection is nasty, but then you realize that you'd better get over it in the next 10 seconds or you're already behind in the class!
Thanks for your input, seriously,it does help. i personally love gross situations,I dont know why I'm sick I guess, and I love helping those who will come in to my office with a ruined mouth ,however I hoe I wont get someone with triple G augmentation asking why her tooth#24 doesnt match the shade of her armpit.:D

Chuck Norris' tears can cure cancer. However, this is irrelevant, because Chuck Norris never cries

nice quote you have there , wish we had more Reagan conservatists.

Members don't see this ad :)
After Bisbing-Hamil

Most disgusting display of a fixed fight if ever I've seen one. I've vowed never to pay for a UFC event ever again. I go to the bar (with no cover charge) to watch them now. Dana White is an SOB for that work.

MBA from a not so famous school = useless, unless you had a lot of working experience or you had great personal network.

MBA from good schools usually require intensive working and leadership experience; and of course, a good GMAT score.

if you are interested in dentistry just because of finical rewarding, than you might be disappointed. not all dentists make ****load of money and you will started with $200k debt.

MBA from a not so famous school = useless, unless you had a lot of working experience or you had great personal network.

MBA from good schools usually require intensive working and leadership experience; and of course, a good GMAT score.

if you are interested in dentistry just because of finical rewarding, than you might be disappointed (AAAARRRGGHH!!:beat:). not all dentists make ****load of money and you will started with $200k debt.

Right, but on the average dentists make around 125K. The median salary for MBA grads even after 6 or more years of experience "with" an MBA is hovering right around 100K. I know how much people going into dentistry for reasons of "brotherly love" hate to admit it, but dentists do indeed make loads of money (on the average). I'm sick of people saying, "If your going into dentistry for the money, than you might be disappointed..." Guess what? As much as you want dentistry to be THE ideal means of humanitarian service to the community (which somehow means going into it for every reason besides the money), just know that said "service" requires a HEFTY fee granting dental practitioners outrageous incomes. Yes, dentists make a ton of money. No, this does not mean that if you "admit" dentists make a ton of money than that somehow results in you having your priorities out of whack. Face the facts, most dentists are well off, and the one's that aren't are exceptions relative to the grand majority and are probably in the position that they're in either because of personal health problems or because they cheated their way into the prestigious lifestyle that they're presently in. Though money is definitely not THE reason I am motivated to pursue dentistry as a serious career option, it is (like I’ve said before) an added benefit. Accordingly, the premise that only good dentists practice for reasons other than money is not necessarily true. The dentist I worked for openly admitted that he did it for the money. Nevertheless, he was extremely efficient at what he did. He still loved his job, loved helping others, and was liked by all who he served (all that I could see that is). He was extremely knowledgeable and wise in his decision making, but in the end it was all about the money. Nothings impossible, you can still go into dentistry “for the money” and still be terrific at what you do. This includes a proficiency at showing “brotherly love.”

The ADA puts a general dentist around 200k, so yes, dentists make a ton of money. 200k is almost 17k a month, and I bet most dentists that reported to the ADA reported their salary after putting money away for retirement, business debt, etc. So, you will be fine financially as a dentist. A lot better off than your average MBA graduate.

You gotta be good at what you do to make a fortune

even with a DDS or DMD degree, you're not guaranteed money. you have to be good at what you do!

same goes for MBA

however, if money was my only avenue...i'd go with an MBA: Less schooling & great pay (as you move up the ladder in a company or if you wanted to start your own...).

think things over though...just remember it's not about the money. with a college degree, you'll be making enough to be comfortable. you just have to enjoy what you do!

LOL also...take into account that dentists probably get sued more than businessmen/businesswomen. so you can potentially lose money if you're a bad dentist. now if you're a bad businessman/businesswomen, you know the stereotype (no offense)...

You gotta be good at what you do to make a fortune

even with a DDS or DMD degree, you're not guaranteed money. you have to be good at what you do!

I dunno about this. In dentistry, if your patients like you, they will stick by you no matter how crappy you are. I worked for a doc that bought a practice from a lady and her patients absolutely adored her. For the first year, he redid crown after crown, filling after filling, and every time he would tell the patient that the restoration was failing, they would say, "oh, this must be the one that you just did on me." He would then proceed to pull up the chart, show that patient that it was the previous doc that had done it, they would say some amazing complimentary thing about her, and then look at the doc like he must of changed to chart. That was an eye opening experience. The thing about dentistry, is the person getting the work done (for most things) doesn't know if you did a good job or a bad one, so they judge you on other traits.

You could be a great doctor and struggle a lot more than a crappy one if your people skill suck. Especially as a GP.

same goes for MBA

however, if money was my only avenue...i'd go with an MBA: Less schooling & great pay (as you move up the ladder in a company or if you wanted to start your own...).

Although the pay is good, for two more years of schooling (and for most dental schools, those last two years are spent mainly in the clinic. Look at it as a really crappy paying internship) you can get a lot more money pretty much guaranteed in dentistry. The ceilings in an MBA and Dentistry are both limitless, but the average dentist is getting close to double the income than the average MBA graduate. I would go with the sure bet, especially when you consider what those last two years of dental school are really like.

think things over though...just remember it's not about the money. with a college degree, you'll be making enough to be comfortable. you just have to enjoy what you do!

Good point. What's an extra 50k a year if you are absolutely miserable? I bet a lot of people that hate their careers, would take a significant pay cut to be happier overall.

LOL also...take into account that dentists probably get sued more than businessmen/businesswomen. so you can potentially lose money if you're a bad dentist. now if you're a bad businessman/businesswomen, you know the stereotype (no offense)...

The good thing about being sued as a dentist, is there really isn't any long lasting, life changing damage you can do to a patient, therefore you will never have to pay out any "significant" money.

^but take into account the 100k dollar debt of a dentist...MBAs are still ahead of you, and they're probably climbing ladders by then.

i agree with the lawsuit part. however, some people would get "turned off" from dentistry. they would rather be in a secure position where it's somewhat ok to cut corners & make mistakes.

and to a certain degree, i'll agree with the rest you stated.

I can't stress this enough though...You'll be successful at whatever you do best! it doesn't matter what field you go into. you can me a millionaire sociologist, if you wish!

^but take into account the 100k dollar debt of a dentist...MBAs are still ahead of you, and they're probably climbing ladders by then.

This is true. That would definitely affect you while paying that off...:scared: And I think most are getting around 200k with a surprisingly large number graduating with over 300k!

Everything equal,which one do you think will make more?? Assume you are good at both,which one will earn you the most considering you're done with MBA in two years, remember, only financial aspect is what I care .

thanks
I don't really know much about MBA's, but like what other people were saying, unless you go to Whartons and are that lucky 1% who get an amazing job, dentistry is the way to go becasue it's guaranteed money, not just about getting lucky. Also, when you look at the "average" salary of a dentist, those don't represent what every dentist makes..for example my dad is a dentist in so cal and works 3 and a half days a week and his practice makes about $900,000 a year...of which he keeps $400,000, so you can make way more money than the "average" if you have lots of patients/business.

lol looks like SOMEONE is avoiding the very popular question of "which school" gave out the dschool scholarship...niiice

i dont think anyone really expects doodle to actually go to dental school... anybody asking if they should pursue a MBA or DDS probably will not end up going to dental school. On top of that, somebody who is lying about getting a scholarship with a 16PAT is probably not going to make it either. If anything doodle sounds like a troll. Look at his post at PChemGrad, PCG didn't say anything wrong and was simply asking if his parents were pushing him in a direction one way or another. Anyone taking a person like this seriously, is crazy :)

i dont think anyone really expects doodle to actually go to dental school... anybody asking if they should pursue a MBA or DDS probably will not end up going to dental school. On top of that, somebody who is lying about getting a scholarship with a 16PAT is probably not going to make it either. If anything doodle sounds like a troll. Look at his post at PChemGrad, PCG didn't say anything wrong and was simply asking if his parents were pushing him in a direction one way or another. Anyone taking a person like this seriously, is crazy :)

u make sure u keep that BMW avatar wherever you go. remember money cant buy you "cool"

lol looks like SOMEONE is avoiding the very popular question of "which school" gave out the dschool scholarship...niiice

Like OMG.......................... that is soooooooooooooooooo like ..... CSI thingy, lmfao

I don't really know much about MBA's, but like what other people were saying, unless you go to Whartons and are that lucky 1% who get an amazing job, dentistry is the way to go becasue it's guaranteed money, not just about getting lucky. Also, when you look at the "average" salary of a dentist, those don't represent what every dentist makes..for example my dad is a dentist in so cal and works 3 and a half days a week and his practice makes about $900,000 a year...of which he keeps $400,000, so you can make way more money than the "average" if you have lots of patients/business.

very heart warming.thanks for the info. good luck

aaand dodging the question again.

aaand dodging the question again.
considering the number of psychos like u who visit this site often and what they would do when they found out which school it is, u will not get the answer to your question, like OMG

Haha. I would also like to know which school gave him/her an acceptance before Dec. 1.

Only people who are only in it for the money, not "social ******s" (basically the person in the back of the class who is talking about how drunk he got over the weekend), got a 16 on the PAT, and making offensive comments back to anybody who doesnt agree to you. A combination of the 4 will guarantee you an acceptance and a full-ride scholarship to any dental school (and an early acceptance before their official letters of acceptance are sent out) DUH

Get both a MBA and a dental degree. MBA will teach you how to deal with all the crap you'll go through during your practice that you won't learn from dental school (assuming that you want to open your own practice.)

maybe its from last year

No it's not. If you're going to lie at least be smart enough to cover your tracks:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=437236

(body of doodle241's post in the DAT forum):

DAT done. 8/17/2007
Well here are the scores:
BIO:20
OCHEM:22
GEN CHEM: 22
RC: 19 (I'm tri-lingual)
QR:20
PAT: 16
last year I had almost the same scores but lower PAT which got me rejected from every school .I thought I did very well on PAT but I dont know what happened.I even double checked all my answrers.I hope they will at least give me an interview.
i got my BS this year and have added some research.Hopefully that will help.
do u guys have any opinion about this situation?
thanks

Only people who are only in it for the money, not "social ******s" (basically the person in the back of the class who is talking about how drunk he got over the weekend), got a 16 on the PAT, and making offensive comments back to anybody who doesnt agree to you. A combination of the 4 will guarantee you an acceptance and a full-ride scholarship to any dental school (and an early acceptance before their official letters of acceptance are sent out) DUH

I guess i have pissed off some real social ******s which are plenty on this forum. you see, I also would be pissed off if I were you . I mean you are a student who has been swinging from every single teacher's nutsack you have had, kissing every single interviewer's ass, been masturbating to the naked image of your favorite girl who always made fun of you, been ridiculed in the public eye for lack of general knowledge, been limited to a small group of students who religiously shared your characteristics ( if you can call it "characteristics"!) and at the age of 22 or something still wonders whether to take his parents to interview, and then you come to dental school and realize that a student who did not follow any of these behavior is sitting in the same class as you are. I understand your frustration and to be honest it's very heart warming to see that our school system is not solely based on grades .
However my advice to you is to do what you are doing right now. Make sure you continue living in the bubble you have made, make sure you interact with people who will not burst it and make sure you continue your life without character. How you continue with such a life is beyond me since I would rather be a homeless than someone like you. However,I wont continue replying to "students" like you since I know it's fruitless and pointless and I firmly believe everything will workout the way it's supposed to, as far as you will stay what you are, grow old with same characteristics and probably end up dead without any changes. you can be remembered as someone who made no difference in the world, therefore you will be forgotten by most of people unless you have managed to BUY their respect.
In the end,I would make the same suggestion I made before, continue having that avatar and remember you cant buy "cool" with money.:smuggrin:
p.s: Remeber ,you can go ahead and report this post as inappropriate.

By the way,the combination you offered has 3 components not 4!!!!

No it's not. If you're going to lie at least be smart enough to cover your tracks:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=437236

(body of doodle241's post in the DAT forum):

DAT done. 8/17/2007
Well here are the scores:
BIO:20
OCHEM:22
GEN CHEM: 22
RC: 19 (I'm tri-lingual)
QR:20
PAT: 16
last year I had almost the same scores but lower PAT which got me rejected from every school .I thought I did very well on PAT but I dont know what happened.I even double checked all my answrers.I hope they will at least give me an interview.
i got my BS this year and have added some research.Hopefully that will help.
do u guys have any opinion about this situation?
thanks

First I wanted to let this post stay unanswered till everyone started greeting you on how good you are in revealing the truth but then I thought you might actually believe those complements and become more of a harm to society than you already are,so here I will answer by saying two/three or maybe 10 things:

1- I will not reveal the name of the school until after I have made my security deposit to the school and made sure they will not retract their offer .that means you might have to wait for awhile.
2- dont you think that MAYBE and im saying MAYBE I didnt mention being accepted in that post and said I was rejected for the same reasons that I dont wanna mention it in this post.
3-My hope is to get accepted to a different school since the one offering scholarship is located in a city I hate to live in. so go ahead, rack your brain and pull your hair . search some more threads,you might even find out I have other ids on this forum,maybe or maybe not!!!!!! one thing I wish you could realize is ( and I know it sounds really really arrogant and im sorry about that) that hiding something from a ***** like you who is practically a " career student" :smuggrin:, is like hiding a toy from a toddler. I will end my statement with this line which seems fit for the occasion:
You must be the arithmetic man; you add trouble, subtract pleasure, divide attention, and multiply ignorance.

First I wanted to let this post stay unanswered till everyone started greeting you on how good you are in revealing the truth but then I thought you might actually believe those complements and become more of a harm to society than you already are,so here I will answer by saying two/three or maybe 10 things:

1- I will not reveal the name of the school until after I have made my security deposit to the school and made sure they will not retract their offer .that means you might have to wait for awhile.
2- dont you think that MAYBE and im saying MAYBE I didnt mention being accepted in that post and said I was rejected for the same reasons that I dont wanna mention it in this post.
3-My hope is to get accepted to a different school since the one offering scholarship is located in a city I hate to live in. so go ahead, rack your brain and pull your hair . search some more threads,you might even find out I have other ids on this forum,maybe or maybe not!!!!!! one thing I wish you could realize is ( and I know it sounds really really arrogant and im sorry about that) that hiding something from a ***** like you who is practically a " career student" :smuggrin:, is like hiding a toy from a toddler. I will end my statement with this line which seems fit for the occasion:
You must be the arithmetic man; you add trouble, subtract pleasure, divide attention, and multiply ignorance.

:laugh: come on doodle,let go of this drama . get back to topic. have u decided which one is better yet??by the way, i think i might know you. you sound familiar, have you ever been in a forum where there was debate between christopher hitchens and someone else?? did u live in MA??

doodle come on.. you sound like you dwell on the fact of popularity in college. You are the one getting angry at people and it is fun watching :) It is funny that you are mocking people who are putting effort into college and still talking about being "cool". You really sound like a tool and I really doubt if you have that many friends if you have to come on a forum and talk about how cool you are. As for my avatar, sorry if I drive a bmw and enjoy one but I can't quite say im trying to make people think I am cool... I just like my car :)

Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays.

1 I guess i have pissed off some real social ******s which are plenty on this forum....
2 a student who has been swinging from every single teacher's nutsack you have had....
3 I understand your frustration and to be honest it's very heart warming to see that our school system is not solely based on grades .....
4 By the way,the combination you offered has 3 components not 4!!!!

1. Social ******s... hahaha, I've met quite a few since going back and taking the science pre-reqs for dental school. However, if you actually talk with them you might find out they're very funny people. They just don't enjoy the whole pop your collar, spray on some cologne, put gel in your hair so it sticks up in the front, and go spend $50 boozing, hoping deep down in your heart that you find a girl drunk enough to take home and disappoint so you can flex your manliness on your home boys song and dance that so many people seem to enjoy. I've been on both sides of this fence and I'm really enjoying being a "social ******" right now.

2. This is my new favorite expression, thanks.

3. I hope its based solely on grades, the social ****** swinging by the prof's nutsack that we both hate so much also wakes up around the time you stop drinking and goes out volunteering and does stuff with "clubs" whatever the hell that means.

4. ummm.... you sure about that?

:laugh: come on doodle,let go of this drama . get back to topic. have u decided which one is better yet??by the way, i think i might know you. you sound familiar, have you ever been in a forum where there was debate between christopher hitchens and someone else?? did u live in MA??

I have let go . to be honest,it is very frustrating and energy consuming.
As for your question, the answer is dentistry.
Yes I know hitchens, agree with most of his views except his athiesm and origin of morality.
I havent been in his debate but have seen quiet afew of them mostly on youtube, specially the recent one he did in the King's college. However, still wasnt able to understand his obcession with individual solidarity and how it impacts the morality origin. But again, im not a philisopher,if you understand please pm me about what you thought .dont write here since I dont think I will be checking this thread as I got the answer to my original question.:thumbup:

1. Social ******s... hahaha, I've met quite a few since going back and taking the science pre-reqs for dental school. However, if you actually talk with them you might find out they're very funny people. They just don't enjoy the whole pop your collar, spray on some cologne, put gel in your hair so it sticks up in the front, and go spend $50 boozing, hoping deep down in your heart that you find a girl drunk enough to take home and disappoint so you can flex your manliness on your home boys song and dance that so many people seem to enjoy. I've been on both sides of this fence and I'm really enjoying being a "social ******" right now.

2. This is my new favorite expression, thanks.

3. I hope its based solely on grades, the social ****** swinging by the prof's nutsack that we both hate so much also wakes up around the time you stop drinking and goes out volunteering and does stuff with "clubs" whatever the hell that means.

4. ummm.... you sure about that?

sounds like your wet dream .it also sounds like you might have done it already or tired to. you have never been on both sides of the fence,it doesnt take a genius to realize that. by the way,as for the 4 components,I was refering to the person who had made the comments where he said its made of four. Next time dont rush to answer like a little biaaaaaaatch baby!!!!:smuggrin:
s for the rest of your comments, I have nothing to say except go youknow what urself babyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! cause as u dont make any sense.
this thread is over since I already got my answer to the original question.so if you wanna respond make sure you pm it to me and I will get back to you ASAP!!!!! sometime this year or next year.

I think he was referring to that same thing, if you re-read it there are 4 :)

I think an Admin needs to check this guy's IP and match it to a name, then send it out to the dental schools because this thread really shows his true colors and intentions. I don't know if dental schools are looking for these kinds of students? I definitely would not want him practicing dentistry. If he judges people on the basis of how "cool" a person is, who is to say what quality service he will provide when he starts his career?

I think an Admin needs to check this guy's IP and match it to a name, then send it out to the dental schools because this thread really shows his true colors and intentions. I don't know if dental schools are looking for these kinds of students? I definitely would not want him practicing dentistry. If he judges people on the basis of how "cool" a person is, who is to say what quality service he will provide when he starts his career?

Let's not go overboard people. Not to actually defend this scum, but this is a message board, and maybe he gets his kicks from being a jerk on message boards. He could be the best dentist out there, with the best bedside manor, with the best intentions, but just a scumbag on message boards. Wait until you meet him/me/anybody before making judgments on who he/me/you actually are.

Yeah, you are right. I think I'll reserve my judgement until I actually meet him. I know for a fact that message boards can't tell you how a person really is. I frequent quite a lot of forums and I know how it can be.

Is it even possible to have what you say on SDN come back to haunt you? I know I have said some things on message boards just to get a rise out of people. I also use extreme sarcasm that could be misinterpreted. Keep in mind that talking with people on the internet, especially through messageboards, is significantly more impersonal than real life. Its kind of like how people get road rage when someone cuts them off. Yet if someone bumps into a person by accident on the street they appologize immidately. As far as this arrogant character who says hes choosing dentistry for the money.. its really quite sad. Let him get a little ego boost by talking down to people he doesn't know online. And dude, If you have low GPA and DAT scores, please apply for every dental school you can think of, I'm sure your amazing personality will get you in.

speaking of which, there haven't been any affirmative action threads..