MCAT 3R....worth doing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ASDIC

The 9th Flotilla
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I printed out like 75 pages of MCAT 3 R from the MCAT website...but is it worth doing?

I heard many people say its too easy and is not like the real thing.

how did u feel about it?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by thekegalman
Hi everyone,

I printed out like 75 pages of MCAT 3 R from the MCAT website...but is it worth doing?

I heard many people say its too easy and is not like the real thing.

how did u feel about it?

It depends. With easier tests the scaled score table is usually a lot tougher so it would be worth it to determine whether you're someone who gives away easy points. If you end up missing a bunch that you knew but mis-read or mis-calculated, you'll know to work more on basic test taking skills rather than mastering the various subjects.

i believe it's worth doing for the practice, but it most likely will not represent what the actual mcat will be like, sine 3R is available to everyone on AAMC's website. I would highly recommend getting a hold of tests 4R - 6R, those are indicative of what the mcat may be like.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by UCIgrad2002
i believe it's worth doing for the practice, but it most likely will not represent what the actual mcat will be like, sine 3R is available to everyone on AAMC's website. I would highly recommend getting a hold of tests 4R - 6R, those are indicative of what the mcat may be like.

I have just taken my midterm for Bio I. I just went and tested myself on the Bio 3R here (http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/bssampleitems.pdf)
I highly doubt that the questions would be as easy as this was on the Real MCAT. nevertheless, I agree it could never hurt to simply grab as many questions for practice as you can in the MCAT format. just make sure that you are not wasting time based on when you are taking the MACT's for real. Good Luck

I think so.

I did it the day before the test and there were some questions on the real one that looked like 3R's questions in form and content that hadn't been covered by Kaplan.

CCW

With the automatic grading feature instead of printing it out?

aamc 3 is really easy and not worth it

aamc 4,5,6 are where its at

The thing to do is go to www.e-mcat.com and download their free online practice test. I purchased their test package (3r, 4r, 5r, 6r, I believe), it was totally worth it. The tests are really easy to use, and not only do you get the tests, you get full analysis of the tests you take, like how many wrong from each subject, whether you guessed or not, and percentage of easy, medium, and hard questions were answered correctly. It was really helpful for me preparing. My scores on those tests were a good approximation of my actual score.