MCAT:504 CGPA: 3.84 UGPA: 3.9 School List?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

blingblong98

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

I just received my MCAT score today of a 504 and have my application ready, but am not sure what schools are in reach. Does anyone have similar stats and a school list for MD and DO? I know my MCAT is low, but I still think I have somewhat decent stats and going to improve as secondaries roll around! I can provide any other info if needed.

MCAT:504 CGPA: 3.84 UGPA: 3.9
Total Research Hours across 4 different projects: 500, Presented at 2 research conferences
Clinical research: 100
Paid Clinical:160 (starting a full-time position as an MA next week)
Hospital VOlunteering in the ER: 130 Hours (current)
Student Leadership: 300+ hours
Deans List every semester
Presidents List for two semesters
 
Last edited:
Where is your state of residence ? Do you have any in person physician shadowing hours ? What is the breakdown of your 500 hours of volunteering ?
State of Residence: FL
Physician Shadowing: 50 hours
Volunteering is a lot of student leadership around campus and working with other students. I have 100 hours in the ER. I have also acted as a patient for medical students for around 30 hours.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are competitive for most DO schools and I suggest these:
NOVA
LECOM (all schools)
ACOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM (all schools)
WVSOM
NYITCOM (both schools)
Touro-NY
MU-COM
DMU-COM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
TUNCOM
AZCOM
UIWSOM
BCOM (both schools)
For MD schools I suggest these:
Florida State
U Florida
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
Central Florida
NOVA MD
Belmont
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Eastern Virginia
Albany
 
You are competitive for most DO schools and I suggest these:
NOVA
LECOM (all schools)
ACOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM (all schools)
WVSOM
NYITCOM (both schools)
Touro-NY
MU-COM
DMU-COM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
TUNCOM
AZCOM
UIWSOM
BCOM (both schools)
For MD schools I suggest these:
Florida State
U Florida
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
Central Florida
NOVA MD
Belmont
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Eastern Virginia
Albany
Thank you so much @Faha for this! I will apply to these. @Goro @Mr.Smile12 I know you all are good at recommendations as well, can you please give me insight as well? I would really appreciate it!