MCAT: 508, GPA 3.93 What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Andren123

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I just got my MCAT score back and I'm wondering if I have any chance of getting into the schools I applied to.

Me: University of Florida student, Male, ORM, Florida Resident

MCAT: 508 (76% percentile)
Breakdown: 128, 125, 128, 127
I'm concerned because I was 86% percentile in Biology and C/P, but received a 125 on CARS.

cGPA and sGPA: +3.9

Research:

-I have been in two research labs, only switched because I had to write my thesis through my major (needed to do research within my major's college.)
-Been in the research field for over 2 years now
-Thesis: induced muscle damage in dystrophic mice

Clinical Experiences:
-Have over 100hrs worth of shadowing (Anesthesia, Orthopedics, and Pediatric Surgery)
-Worked in a Dental Office for 4yrs as a front desk assistant (good amount of patient contact)

Non-Clinical Experiences:
-President of Prestigious Pre-Health Honor Society (Alpha Epsilon Delta, Alpha Chapter)
- +300 service hours through this honor society
- New Horizons Service Dog Trainer: train 1.5yr golden retrievers for serving individuals with autism, MS, muscular dystrophy, and mobility assistance
- Biology 2 Learning Assistant: similar to a Teaching Assistant, but promote active learning environment for learning
- Mission Trip to Nicaragua: taught health education to the local children

Other:

- Climb for Cancer participant: Climbed 3 mountains in the US while raising money for cancer patients to afford costs aside from treatment
-MRI certified (through University of Florida)
-Health Science Honors Program

LoRs: Should be strong, very close connection to Dr. I shadow and coordinator for the LAs. Science should be good, but not as good as my characters.

- I have some clinical experience, but worry it may not be enough

Schools I applied to:
1) University of Florida
2) Florida International University
3) Florida Atlantic University
4) University of Central Florida
5) University of Miami (Florida)
6) University of South Florida
7) Wake Forest University
8) Georgetown University
9) George Washington University
10) Emory University
11) University of California, Irvine
12) Mayo Clinic, Arizona
13) Rosalind Franklin (Chicago)
14) Loyola University (Chicago)

I want to gauge my competitiveness and see if I should retake my MCAT or not since it doesn't match my GPA very well. Thank you all for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Forget UCI. Do NOT retake the MCAT.

I suggest:
U VM
U Miami (maybe)
U Toledo
Rush
NYMC
Creighton
Tufts
Albany
Rosy Franklin
Drexel
Temple
MCW
SLU
WVU
Wayne State
Tulane
Loyola
Wake Forest
Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)
VCU
Netter
Seton Hall
EVMS
Oakland-B
Gtown
GWU
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Nova MD
All FL state schools, except maybe USF
Any DO program. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide.

Reactions: 1 user