This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

davethebarbarian

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I keep my textbooks from college for the new MCAT or strictly use MCAT prep books?

Members don't see this ad.

prep books will have all of the material for mcat. No more, no less. This means that your studying will be focused. You won't spend time on frivolous material that won't be tested.

Anything you feel you need to learn from a different angle and be learned through khan academy or YouTube.

prep books will have all of the material for mcat. No more, no less. This means that your studying will be focused. You won't spend time on frivolous material that won't be tested.

Anything you feel you need to learn from a different angle and be learned through khan academy or YouTube.

I don't think this is true if you want to get the highest score possible.
There was biochem stuff on the section bank that I didn't see in any KA or EK prep book.

I feel like test prep books are good for everything except biochem imo

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think this is true if you want to get the highest score possible.
There was biochem stuff on the section bank that I didn't see in any KA or EK prep book.

I feel like test prep books are good for everything except biochem imo
did you ever use textbooks for anything else besides biochem? Taking biochem course next semester!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
did you ever use textbooks for anything else besides biochem? Taking biochem course next semester!

I was actually going to take the mcat today but I rescheduled for Jan (was averaging only 503-505)
I wasn't using a textbook for biochem, but I did start now. I am using Lehninger's Principles of Biochemistry and finding it very helpful.

I was actually going to take the mcat today but I rescheduled for Jan (was averaging only 503-505)
I wasn't using a textbook for biochem, but I did start now. I am using Lehninger's Principles of Biochemistry and finding it very helpful.

What chapters are you going over in Lehninger's?