MCAT CHAT THIS FRIDAY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am posting this copy from another thread. Please read on. I would like to know how many are attending, if possible. Please reply in any of the threads this has been posted.

Tweetie
PS: if we have substantial stuff reviewed, i shall post a chat transcript for all of us, but that's only IF a lot of us show up. I don't want to be the sole person there waiting.

------------------------------
Alright,
So concensus says Friday and Saturday nights it is, atleast for this week. IF you feel like these days are bad, we can change the days once we have enough complaints that those days don't work out.
One session planned this week:
THIS FRIDAY, Feb 1st--6 p.m. WEST COAST TIME which is 9 p.m. EAST COAST TIME. (tell me if this works!)

Next Session: following MOnday. Hours to be determined. East coast people, how LATE would you be willing to start our chats, since you guys are 3 hours ahead of us? PLEASE ANSWER!

Lastly, I am taking the initiative and makin a call on what we will discuss this Friday. I would like to start with Gen Chem.
Topics included:
Quantum numbers; Electronic configuration; Periodic Chart Trends; Bonding Types; Molecular Geometry (trigonal planar etc); Chemical Kinetics (rate laws; orders of reaction etc); Thermodynamics (Delta G, H, S, Temp; Ksp products; and Phase changes/Phase equilibria (ice melting to liquid to boilin to gas etc).

Ok, this is A LOT..but, we don't have to do it all in one day. Chat session may last b/w 1-2 hours. STUDY YOUR ASSES OFF! I don't want to sound like a drill sergent but, PLEASE, don't come to the chat session if you don't know simple things like "What's Delta G?" It will just make our time efficient. Thanks!

Tweetie

--------------------

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds good Tweetie!! mondays...hmm. hmm. Assuming you guys get out of classes at 5 pm, maybe 8 pm. Oh, i dunno. mondays will have to be an "depending on convenience" day for me :)

Wow Tweetie, i am thoroughly impressed!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Tweetie:
How do you join the chat session? I have no clue!
I only know how to post messages on the SDN board.
Laavp

Laavp--
when you get onto the homepage of this site, right under "Student forums" you will see another icon for "Chatroom". Click on it. It will take you to a page where it takes 2-3 mins to load the chat client...and will take you to a room. For a nickname, you type in your ID (Laavp) and it will take you there.

Try it today, if it doesn't work, PM me. Hope to see you on Friday, and don't forget to study!

Tweetie

ggrrrrrrrrr....ok, I am getting pretty annoyed now....the least you guys could do is ANSWER if you can make it or not. I have taken the time to start these threads, and even plan for chat events like I THOUGHT we needed .....so why have only 3-4 people responded?? My thanks to those that *did* reply, but I konw there are a whole lot more premeds out there who read these threads and yet choose to not give input on if they wanna make it or not. I am willing to make a safe bet that these people will expect to see transcripts later on, when they were not there to invest the time into it to begin with. Come on people, that's selfish!!

can you guys please do it NOW?? if I don't receive enough responses, screw it. I don't feel like bustin my chops planning these where measely 3 people are attending.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

tweetie

Hola Tweetie

I don't think I can't make it Friday night, but I am interested in general.

Laavp:
in reply to your PM, yes we are meeting on this Friday. I hope you figured out how to get to the chat page.

Tweetie