• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

shan1997

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2002
Kentucky
Status (Visible)
when is the last date someone can take the mcat and still be able to apply for 2008?

shan1997

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2002
Kentucky
Status (Visible)
ok thank you. so i should look at the deadlines for the schools i want to apply to when looking for last possible date to take this year's mcat?

booji

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2005
Status (Visible)
Yes.

Generally speaking however, the earlier you get your application completed, the better. But don't make the mistake of taking the MCAT too early (i.e. when you are not prepared for it)

About the Ads

simbalimba

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2005
Status (Visible)
will taking the july MCAT be considered late for the 2008 matriculation?

I also was still unsure about this. I am debating between taking it in june or july. From what I have heard if you take it in june you are still considered slightly early, close to midway though, and july is slightly after the halfway point. Can anyone confirm/reject this?

Kateb4

10+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2006
Chicagoland
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I think that with all of the new dates for the MCAT this year, it is going to change the incoming applications to med schools. I really think that there will still be people getting their apps complete on the first day possible, but there will also be alot of people who will get them in later, perhaps to see if they can get a better score on a 2nd MCAT? I don't know how to judge it, except to say that you still have to do what is best for you! If you don't have time to study for the April MCAT, then don't take it. It would be better to submit your apps a month or two later with a better MCAT then to rush everything and perhaps be submitting a weaker application overall.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.