Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

mcat deadline for 2008 admission

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by shan1997, Mar 2, 2007.

1. shan1997

shan1997 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Kentucky
    when is the last date someone can take the mcat and still be able to apply for 2008?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Captain Fantastic

Captain Fantastic Physician 10+ Year Member

Mar 28, 2005
    Mizzou Med
    Sept. 2007 administration. Scores will be back in October (like the pre-CBT August test used to be).

4. shan1997

Jul 12, 2002
    Kentucky
    ok thank you. so i should look at the deadlines for the schools i want to apply to when looking for last possible date to take this year's mcat?

5. booji

booji Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Yes.

Generally speaking however, the earlier you get your application completed, the better. But don't make the mistake of taking the MCAT too early (i.e. when you are not prepared for it)

6. Scooby-Doo

Scooby-Doo Guest

May 23, 2006
    will taking the july MCAT be considered late for the 2008 matriculation?

7. shan1997

Jul 12, 2002
    Kentucky
    that's a good question, i would like to know that also, will taking it in july be ok?

8. Scooby-Doo

Scooby-Doo Guest

May 23, 2006
    bump..need guidance

9. shan1997

Jul 12, 2002
    Kentucky
    anyone else care to respond

10. simbalimba

simbalimba Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Jan 28, 2005
    I also was still unsure about this. I am debating between taking it in june or july. From what I have heard if you take it in june you are still considered slightly early, close to midway though, and july is slightly after the halfway point. Can anyone confirm/reject this?

11. Kateb4

Kateb4 7+ Year Member

Nov 28, 2006
    Chicagoland
    I think that with all of the new dates for the MCAT this year, it is going to change the incoming applications to med schools. I really think that there will still be people getting their apps complete on the first day possible, but there will also be alot of people who will get them in later, perhaps to see if they can get a better score on a 2nd MCAT? I don't know how to judge it, except to say that you still have to do what is best for you! If you don't have time to study for the April MCAT, then don't take it. It would be better to submit your apps a month or two later with a better MCAT then to rush everything and perhaps be submitting a weaker application overall.