mcat deadline for 2008 admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shan1997

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
when is the last date someone can take the mcat and still be able to apply for 2008?

Members don't see this ad.

ok thank you. so i should look at the deadlines for the schools i want to apply to when looking for last possible date to take this year's mcat?

Yes.

Generally speaking however, the earlier you get your application completed, the better. But don't make the mistake of taking the MCAT too early (i.e. when you are not prepared for it)

Members don't see this ad :)
that's a good question, i would like to know that also, will taking it in july be ok?

will taking the july MCAT be considered late for the 2008 matriculation?

I also was still unsure about this. I am debating between taking it in june or july. From what I have heard if you take it in june you are still considered slightly early, close to midway though, and july is slightly after the halfway point. Can anyone confirm/reject this?

I think that with all of the new dates for the MCAT this year, it is going to change the incoming applications to med schools. I really think that there will still be people getting their apps complete on the first day possible, but there will also be alot of people who will get them in later, perhaps to see if they can get a better score on a 2nd MCAT? I don't know how to judge it, except to say that you still have to do what is best for you! If you don't have time to study for the April MCAT, then don't take it. It would be better to submit your apps a month or two later with a better MCAT then to rush everything and perhaps be submitting a weaker application overall.