MCAT Expiration Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imsogone22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, I was wondering if someone could explain this better to me (I couldnt understand the woman at aacpm) My MCAT expires april 16th. AACPMs policy states that its valid if I apply BEFORE that deadline which I am already planning on doing seeing as priority consideration (whatever that means) ends april 1st. The issue I have is that on some school websites, it states that the MCAT cannot be older then three years at the time of matriculation. I was under the impression that meant acceptance (therefor mine would be older then three years in all likelihood) Can someome please clarify for me? I have called a few schools and left messages but no replies. Thanks much:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

The MCAT that you apply with should be valid as long as you apply within the three year timeline and your application is duly processed. If a school requires you to retake the MCAT they will let you know.

" Priority consideration" = applications completed and submitted by that date are given precedence or first considered before others are considered.

Therefore, if you apply by the priority deadline your chances of getting accepted or considered for acceptance may be greater.

Ok thanks for the info thats what I was hoping.