MCAT in 2 WEEKS HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Manny Q's

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So.... I am only applying for Texas med schools: I have 2 options
(With a decent GPA, lots of EC/volunteering, and clinical experience)
1. Take the MCAT June 16 (barely hitting 500) - Application submitted on July 18th
2. Reschedule for June 30th with hopes of improving my score - Application submitted August 1st
Notice how not applying is NOT a third option. I will apply no matter what even though I have low chances of acceptance.

If you don't have anything nice to say, go away. I need motivation right now.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm in the same boat. Will reschedule my 6/16 test date for 6/29 today. The way I look at it, I only want to take it once and be done with it. A solid score will get me in, but a weak score will not necessarily get you in even if your app is early. My opinion. Open to hearing feedback as well. I think it also depends how much you need a strong MCAT score for your app.

Last edited:
smh its your reapplicant status, future, and money so do whatever you want. By your non-option number 3 you obviously know what you SHOULD do so why even ask us?

If you've already finished content review, 14 days is unlikely to make much of a difference in your score.

Reactions: 1 user
If you're barely hitting 500, you're probably lacking in content. I would push back your test, and accept the reality that you might have to apply next cycle.