MyInitialsAreJC

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2006
www.myspace.com
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
makes it hard to study during the daytime.

ive been taking melatonin but i think i pop awake as soon as it wears off, ~3 hours into falling asleep.

ADeadLois

10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
Status
  1. Medical Student
MyInitialsAreJC said:
makes it hard to study during the daytime.

ive been taking melatonin but i think i pop awake as soon as it wears off, ~3 hours into falling asleep.

Melatonin is not a sleeping pill; it regulates your sleep cycle. It really only works if you take it consistently.

I have acute insomnia and I take Melatonin. You need to get into the habit of taking it and going to sleep at the same time every night.

karlin009

5 more minutes..
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 15, 2002
Visit site
Status
Pineal Gland, part of the endocrine system:
Melatonin is regulated by the light and dark cycles. It also plays a role in regulating Circadian Rhythms.

lol..sorry had to say it

Try exercising, that helped me

About the Ads

suicidal cell

Following the TRAIL
10+ Year Member
May 29, 2006
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Yep, exercise works wonders. However, don't do it right before you sleep.

chaeymaey

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 25, 2003
TX
prettydoc.blogspot.com
Status
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
I take Unisom, but I find that my limbs feel so weak the next day. Is there a better OTC sleep aid? Can you get melatonin OTC? I just lie in bed almost every night wishing I could go to sleep!

karlin009

5 more minutes..
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 15, 2002
Visit site
Status
I don't know of any. I took Unisom last summer for my personal mcat inferno, but I quickly developed tolerance for it. Then took lunesta, again, my nerves resisted and wouldn't rest. The best thing to do, I think, is cut down on the caffine. If you need to have some... drink it in the morning. Even if you go to bed at 4 am, force yourself to get up at 6 or 7. Yeah! and no nap. If you are tired all day..just put in a good 4 hours and make up for it the next day.

And go to the gym everyday..you don't want to look busted after the test when you finally get to party..lol

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads