mcat less than 29 and interviews? post em!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
bump

Members don't see this ad.

anyone else?

university of vermont, nymc
27M august mcat: 9,9,9
3.7 undergrad gpa, 3.9 grad gpa
non-urm
california resident

3.5 GPA, public policy and biology majors, 28 MCAT.

so far, have had 3 interviews (Univ of Wisconsin, Loyola, Rush). accepted to loyola. 4th interview at UIC in december.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by lola
anyone else?

university of vermont, nymc

Way to go lola! I've been out of the loop lately....happy to see that you got some interviews!! :clap:

9, 8, 9 L MCAT 3.97 GPA
Good ECs:
paramedic (graduated may 2000)
lots of leadership in college
started a sorority and honor society on campus
volunteered bunches (medical and not)
went to seminary for a bit
lots of research with one publication

2 interviews: state scools in SC (should hear from one in 8 days)
best of luck to all!!
streetdoc

how's everyone doing? hopefully some people have acceptances by now...

High. started recieving interview all withing two weeks of each other.
GPA is 3.9 but. . .

V/P/B/W
First MCAT -
8/7/9/P--
Got secondaries from all schools except UMD.

Second MCAT-
11/9/9/Q

Interviews-
MD: USUHS 11/14 UofMN(TC) 12/30 (later so correlate x-mas break-$-MN resident, school is Tacoma, WA)
DO: LECOM (10/25), COMP 12/13, UMDNJ-SOM 12/13 (turned down)

Acceptances:
LECOM 11/12

--should here back from USUHS 5-7 weeks

Hope for more under 29ers...

University of Miami
Aug MCAT: 9, 9, 10 R
GPA: Can't remember but I think undergrad was ~3.75 and post-bac 3.98
Cali res

Hi pplz.....here's some hope to those who need it:

Major: Biology
GPA: 4.0
MCAT: 6,11,9...O (english is a 2nd language to me)
EC: many...in 4 different countries
Research: 3 projects...currently working on the 4th
URM

Interviews : UMDNJ-newark, Howard, Morehouse, Wright state, VCU

(still waiting for a reply from any of them)

waiting to hear from Penn state and Albany.

also I have an interview for a carrib. school next week!! :rolleyes:
I don't care....I am not subjecting myself to this bull$#*t one more time next year...once is enough!!

Originally posted by buglady
I've received one interview (UCLA) so far...my mcats were well below 29...PM if you need to know exact numbers...I'm a little shy posting my scores! I'm a CA resident, but attended an out-of-state school. My cumm. gpa is 3.78.....

There's hope....:D

I'm so excited...recieved an interview invite for University of Vermont. Lola, when will you be there?

congratulations, buglady!!! that's great news. my interview is january 28th. when is your's?

:clap:

congratulations, buglady!!! that's great news. my interview is january 28th. when is your's?

:clap:

Thanks, lola...us older Californian women need to stick together ;) .

Looks like we'll miss each other by a week. My interview is set for Feb. 6th.

I hope the weather is okay. I'm planning to drive from the airport in NH up to Burlington...burrrrr, it's going to be sooo cold, but BEAUTIFUL!

Members don't see this ad :)
yay for us old california women! i was a bit surprised at a recent interview to be the oldest one there out of about 15. i'm glad uvm is big on non-trads -- maybe i will feel more comfortable there.

i think i'm going to fly into burlington since i have no idea how to drive in the snow!

i hope we hear some more good news soon!

MCAT was 24. Got an interview at SIU this month.

I had a SIU interview in November (MCAT 25P).

MCAT: 9 9 8 S = 26S

Interviewing at University of Illinois on Dec. 11th!!!

IL resident.

got a 28Q w/ 6 interviews thus far. never knew i would ever get to this point. good luck to all and to all a good night!

PrincessCKNY,
Congrats on the invites! Which schools have granted you interviews?

'sup everyone

28 MCAT, 8 10 10,
not bad clinical experience and comm serv.
4.0 Cum. GPA

interviews:

Columbia U
U of Pittsburgh
ALbany

I got a 28 and I've gotten one interview so far. A friend of mine got lower and got into the same medical school I'm applying to. I'm waiting on a response. MCAT certainly isn't everything, but it helps!

Good luck on all your interviews and God bless your attempts to start a fruitful medical career! :D

MCAT 25M
URM

Interviews at Tufts, Meharry, UMass

Adding Drexel, 9,9,10R

4 interviews so far: nymc, vermont, drexel, and georgetown

27M, august mcat

4 interviews so far: nymc, vermont, drexel, and georgetown

27M, august mcat

Right on lola! Look at you...it wasn't too long ago you were worried about getting ignored...now look, 4 interviews. Very impressive:D !

just got another interview!

just a refresher- 27M (10V, 9BS, 8PS)
3.78 Cum GPA 3.77 BCPM GPA

Interviews So Far:
UMDNJ-RWJMS (9/10) Waitlist
SUNY-Upstate (11/13) ACCEPTANCE!
UMDNJ-NJMS (12/27)- we'll see :)

keep going <30 MCATers!!!

This is kind of late...but I had 26P and got an acceptance through my only interview so far....Michigan State...still waiting on all of my other schools!! :)

Originally posted by athena21
PrincessCKNY,
Congrats on the invites! Which schools have granted you interviews?

Boston U, NY med, Einstein, Drexel, Penn State, and Jefferson.

I'm killing time at JMC as we speak a couple of hours before my interview day starts! Wish me luck! :)

My stats
MCAT 8V,10P, 9B, O. Taken in August. (English is my second language)
Undergrad GPA 3.45 ( 4.0 in the last 2 years)
4 years of research in genomics ( 4 publications).
interviews at EVMS (MD only)
UMV (MD/PhD)
Drexel (MD/PhD).

Applied to 15 schools mostly MD/PhD and got rejected from 4 school in the west and Midwest.

This a rather large BUMP. I received my 3rd invite today...to MCW!

I'm still praying for that acceptance from Vermont, though! :love: :love:

updating...

8 interviews so far: nymc, vermont, drexel, georgetown, pitt, tulane, loyola, and uci

27M, august mcat , non-urm (for any of you wondering)

mcat scores apparently aren't everything :)

MCAT - 26 8-V,8-P, 10-B GPA 3.01

Interviews at: 9 schools

UMDNJ -RWJ
UMDNJ - NEWARK
SUNY- STony Brook
Suny- BUffalo

PCOM
NYCOM
NJCOM
UNECOM
LECOM

MCAT 26P

Interviews so far:

Wake Forest
Howard
University of South Florida

Still waiting:

University of Florida
University of Miami
Meharry

So for waitlisted at Wake Forest.

Hey, this thread is making me feel alot better. My 8V 8PS 9B T Aug '02 scores don't seem so bad now.

I am totally impressed by the success everyone is having here - shows we are more than our numbers! :clap:

I've been chugging away on my April MCAT studying and preparing to apply in June - my fear has been: no response from anyone and no intervies, etc ... :rolleyes:

Maybe I could have a little more faith ...

If it makes you all feel better, here's my record:

August 2002 MCATer (first time): 8V, 10PS, 9BS, S writing
- 4 interviews (15 applications)
- 2 acceptances
- 2 waitlists
- 8 rejections pre-interview/pre-secondary

Remember that once you have an interview, your MCAT score means nothing, so do your best to wow them in person!
:)

25 MCAT... w/ interviews at my top four choices!
1)UW (competitive pool)
2)Western University (accepted)
3)Touro University (accepted)
4)University of Hawaii (upcoming interview)

some of you are busting S's and T's on the writing with 8's on verbals --you must be bipolar :)

j/k

26 Q on August 2002 MCAT...second time.

Interviews at
NEOUCOM
Wright State

Still waiting
Medical College of Ohio
University of Cincinnati

Here's an Update!

I just in M.D program at UVA. Go Wahoo... My top choice state school.
My last interview and first acceptance. Got the letter dated on Valentine's day, 3 days after my interview... (Wow, talk about speedy service).
Waitlisted for MD/PhD program at Vermont (The director told me I would most likely get in).
This is my second time around applying after 4 years. In hindsight, I am grateful for all the hurdles I've been through to get this far. After the first failed attept and compounded with family problems, I was pretty much depressed. I worked as a research associate (in genomics) for a while and planned to apply again, but by the time I knew it it has been four years. These years have helped me to grow intellectually and more importantly in the emotional aspects. I took the April 02 MCAT my verbal score (6) did not improve from my score four years ago. I picked myself up again and took the August MCAT and improved 2 pts on the Verbal part. With the help of my lovely fiancee, I found my strength and applied again. I applied for mostly M.D/PhD programs becuase I have a solid experience in research and my P.I.s strongly encouraged and wrote me excellent recs. I knew going this route would likely be an uphill struggle becuase I am older (27) and my stats are not really stellar, but I forged ahead and found the light at the end of the tunnel.
I come from an immigrant family with parents having only high school diploma and I barely spoke a word of English when I arrived at 14. My mother worked two labor jobs to put a roof on our heads and my brother and I worked in fastfood restaurants since we were 15. This has been a long road to personal victory for me but I treasure every steps of it. It gave me a strong sense of maturity, compassions and it let me exprienced the vertical vicissitudes of life that is instrumental for good doctoring.
With all that said and done I am grateful and proud to be an American for I would not have any of these opportunities if I have not been here. I am looking forward to give back for all the blessings have bestowed on me.
Don't hesitate to press forward and persue you calling because your stats don't look stellar. What society needs are dynamic and compassionate doctors not stats-obssessed book-worms.
Thanks for reading my 2-cents and good luck to you all in getting medical acceptances.

K.T.

Here's an Update!

I just in M.D program at UVA. Go Wahoo... My top choice state school.
My last interview and first acceptance. Got the letter dated on Valentine's day, 3 days after my interview... (Wow, talk about speedy service).
Waitlisted for MD/PhD program at Vermont (The director told me I would most likely get in).
This is my second time around applying after 4 years. In hindsight, I am grateful for all the hurdles I've been through to get this far. After the first failed attept and compounded with family problems, I was pretty much depressed. I worked as a research associate (in genomics) for a while and planned to apply again, but by the time I knew it it has been four years. These years have helped me to grow intellectually and more importantly in the emotional aspects. I took the April 02 MCAT my verbal score (6) did not improve from my score four years ago. I picked myself up again and took the August MCAT and improved 2 pts on the Verbal part. With the help of my lovely fiancee, I found my strength and applied again. I applied for mostly M.D/PhD programs becuase I have a solid experience in research and my P.I.s strongly encouraged and wrote me excellent recs. I knew going this route would likely be an uphill struggle becuase I am older (27) and my stats are not really stellar, but I forged ahead and found the light at the end of the tunnel.
I come from an immigrant family with parents having only high school diploma and I barely spoke a word of English when I arrived at 14. My mother worked two labor jobs to put a roof on our heads and my brother and I worked in fastfood restaurants since we were 15. This has been a long road to personal victory for me but I treasure every steps of it. It gave me a strong sense of maturity, compassions and it let me exprienced the vertical vicissitudes of life that is instrumental for good doctoring.
With all that said and done I am grateful and proud to be an American for I would not have any of these opportunities if I have not been here. I am looking forward to give back for all the blessings have bestowed on me.
Don't hesitate to press forward and persue you calling because your stats don't look stellar. What society needs are dynamic and compassionate doctors not stats-obssessed book-worms.
Thanks for reading my 2-cents and good luck to you all in getting medical acceptances.

K.T.

that's awesome you got into uva :clap: thanks for sharing your story :)

:clap: :clap: Way to go, Ktran!! :clap: :clap:

MCAT 4/99 [11V, 8P, 10B]-Q
MCAT 8/00 [10V, 7P, 10B]-R

Interviews:
UT-Houston
EVVCOM (upcoming)

Waitlist:
UT-Houston

Rejections Pre-interview/Post-secondary:
SW, Tech, SA, UTMB, A&M

Just another update. got another interview at Medical College of Ohio. I have a 26R MCAT

I have two MCATs of both 26's and I got three interviews of 11 schools applied to.

28R (Aug), Cali res, non-URM, non-disadvantaged

Update-

Interviews: Univ of Miami, GW, UCSF, Drexel, Northwestern, Pitt

Acceptance: Univ of Miami
Waitlist: GW (withdrawing app)

waiting on all others post-interview

Good luck to everyone who is waiting on an acceptance :)

25mcat.......5 interviews so far

Originally posted by tatabox80
Just another update. got another interview at Medical College of Ohio. I have a 26R MCAT

YAY FOR TATABOX!!! :clap:

Wait a second... you got an ~R~ on the writing sample? Did you tell me that?! DAMN! That's really hard to get... it's like 97th percentile isn't it?

Another update -

Received a Drew/UCLA invite :) with a 28R