MCAT Materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey Eric! Welcome to sdn and the pre-health community! I'm pretty new to sdn myself but I recently graduated and applied to medical school this cycle.

It's great that you're so ahead of the game for the MCAT, but you really don't need to worry about that just yet. I took my MCAT during my sophomore year summer which is much earlier than most people, and even I didn't worry about it until that summer! (I received a 519, and I felt like I had plenty of time to study).

As for the resources, it's pretty unlikely you'll be able to read all the books from all those different sources. Just pick one! And if need be, reference other materials if you feel shaky on a specific topic. Personally, I read the Kaplan books and watched Khan Academy videos as a supplement.

The best thing you can do right now is focus on really trying to learn and memorize information for the long term in your classes, get a good GPA, start volunteering and getting some clinical experience, and look into doing some research! If you're doing all those other things well, you won't really have much spare time for the MCAT and that's totally normal. I promise that is the best way to prepare for your MCAT and career at this stage!

Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users