MCAT May 31st. How's this for my FL Schedule?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vanguard23

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just finished my last final so I'm open for the MCAT full time, save work. So, with the practice tests I have left, this is the schedule I've thrown together for the month:

May 10th: AAMC 9
May 12th: Kaplan 6
May 14th: Kaplan 7
May 16th: AAMC 5
May 18th: Kaplan 8
May 21st: Kaplan 9
May 23rd: AAMC 6
May 25th: Kaplan 10
May 26th: Kaplan 11 (I forget if there are 10 or 11 Kaplans FL's, so this may be voided if it's the former)
May 28th: AAMC 10

I know a lot of people recommend that the last 3-4 AAMC's be taken right before you take your MCAT. Well, I'd rather take one of the newer ones now so that I know how I would do now, as opposed to later. But I will be taking 10 right before I leave for Houston, where I will be taking the test.

What do you think?

I will of course be studying between tests and using the AAMC's as the gauge for *what* to study. The Kaplan's will be building my endurance at taking them.

Members don't see this ad.

This is just my opinion, but I would either take Kaplan 10 and 11 earlier or not take them at all. My reason for saying this is that they are notoriously difficult and not very representative of your abilities. I took FL10 this past weekend and my score was about 10 points lower than on other tests. I personally wouldn't want that kind of confidence breaker right before I take the real thing.

I didn't know that. I'll readjust my schedule and switch 10 with another.

Members don't see this ad :)
because they are REALLY hard...

aka it brought me about 10 points lower than my average...

they are hard.

so you might not want to take them so close to test date cause they will be confidence destroyers. if you are going to take them, i think you should swap them for two other ones you're taking earlier