1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We will be performing maintenance on the SDN forums on Sunday, December 11 at 5:00 AM Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

MCAT...NO TEST DATES AVAILABLE.

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Kayce, 09.18.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Kayce

Kayce 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    So, basically..there are no more test dates in California up until the very last test date. What should I do? Can I be put on a waiting list? Thanks.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. billy2908

billy2908 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    You gotta take it out of state or wait for opening. Try to find close states such as Oregon or Washington.

4. uschopeful

uschopeful 5+ Year Member

What are the chances of seats opening up as the test date approaches? Do you guys think seats will open a week or two before? I'm in New Orleans, and desperately want to take the Oct. 25th one. I would even settle for Oct. 21. I can't do Nov 7 since I have an exam that day. I'm currently registered for Jan 15, but I don't want to wait that long.

5. Kayce

Kayce 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I've been going on aamc.org pretty frequently checking out dates and what not. September 22nd is the deadline for the lowest fee for changing a test date. I would keep checking. I got lucky and got a date set for Oct. 25th, which I am not ready for, but nonetheless I don't have to wait for April! Good luck :)

P.S. LA state shouldn't be too bad getting spots, it'll open up..just keep checking!

Gauss44 likes this.
  6. Kayce

Kayce 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    OMG OMG @uschopeful !!! NEW ORLEANS 21ST OCT. GO CHECK RIGHT NOWW!!!! THERE IS A SPOT AVAILABLE. JUST CHECKED FOR YOU!!!

7. Kayce

Kayce 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Good luck! Screen Shot 2014-09-20 at 11.29.10 PM.png

8. Gauss44

Gauss44 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Just keep checking back. Seats are disappearing and reappearing all the time.

j9260 likes this.
  9. soccerfeet

soccerfeet 2+ Year Member

Pre-Podiatry
    Check all the time. I sat at my computer for 3 hours one night refreshing the screen every 30 seconds and it worked out for me.

10. Czarcasm

Czarcasm Hakuna matata, no worries. 2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    I would wait personally. Some dates free up after new scores release.

11. Seth Lawrence

Seth Lawrence

Pre-Medical
    Call President Darrell Kirch of the AAMC and complain. Have you mom and dad call too.
    If enough complain they may have no choice but to add more dates!

12. Cawolf

Cawolf 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Post it more please!!!!

adr2be and jamcat like this.

About the ads