MCAT on 04/28/17

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pcsknine

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am taking the MCAT on 04/28/2017 and despite working my butt off the last few months I still do not feel like I am prepared. I took the self-paced Kaplan course, and I averaged about 508-509 ish on kaplan FLs, i got C/P 86%, CARS 75%, B/B 92%, P/S 83% on AAMC sample, 513 on AAMC FL 1 (131,125,130,127), scored 72% on each section on the section banks, 65% on CARS Qpack 1 + 85% on CARS Qpack 2. I'm going to take FL 2 this weekend

Sorry if I sound like another neurotic pre-med, it's just that I have taken the MCAT once before and got a 498, though admittedly I was not prepared at all. I was quite shaken after taken the CARS Qpack 1 and also after these section banks, because there were so many terms that I came across that was not covered in Kaplan WHATSOEVER. As you can tell from my CARS scores, it's not my strongest suit and I'm wondering if anyone is on the same boat as me in terms of not feeling prepared.

Also, yay for first post.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You're good, and will probably score around 513. Your section bank scores are nothing to worry about (at least...that's what I'm telling myself. Because if they are, I'll also basically fail on April 28). Probably too late to do anything about CARS, but memorize more P/S vocab and that section should improve slightly.

I just took the FL 2 and I got 517 (130/127/132/128), I was shocked to say the least. I felt myself improving in CARS after I started doing the Qpacks, cause I did only kaplan + EK CARS up until a few weeks ago which was a HUGE mistake. The logic is so different + the passages were way shorter. Hopefully I get this lucky next week as I did with FL 2.

Reactions: 1 user