1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

MCAT organic

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by moo, Aug 3, 2000.

1. moo

moo 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Strange as it may seem, MCAT organic seems to be really easy... or at least the ones on my diagnostic exams; I answered 85% correctly, without having studied at all.

Did anyone find the real MCAT organic to be easy, or is it worth it to actually study it again? BTW, I hated organic last semester... got a B-/B over two semesters

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Hope88

Hope88 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I found MCAT organic to be much easier than the class itself. I didn't study for it, either.

4. Eric

Eric Member
    10+ Year Member

When I took the MCAT, I thought the Orgo was easy. In fact it didn't even seem like there was that much orgo on the MCAT. I did not study that much orgo for the MCAT and I did pretty well-32.

5. I would say that Organic Chemistry on the MCAT was the easiest section on the science portions.

In hindsight, I studied way too much of organic and not enough of things like acid/base chemistry. For organic on the MCAT, you only need to know the most basic reactions, forget about trying to learn every single deviation or reagent scheme.

However, the acid/base questions on the MCAT were a good degree more difficult than the standard problems in the chemistry courses I took. They tried to add twists to the problems and they werent very clear cut in my opinion.

Moral of the story: study lots of inorganic chemistry, not very much organic chemistry

------------------
    "There is nothing more powerful on this Earth as a man who has nothing to lose. It does not take ten such men to change the world--one will do." Elijah Mohammed