MCAT organic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moo

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Strange as it may seem, MCAT organic seems to be really easy... or at least the ones on my diagnostic exams; I answered 85% correctly, without having studied at all.

Did anyone find the real MCAT organic to be easy, or is it worth it to actually study it again? BTW, I hated organic last semester... got a B-/B over two semesters

Members don't see this ad.

I found MCAT organic to be much easier than the class itself. I didn't study for it, either.

When I took the MCAT, I thought the Orgo was easy. In fact it didn't even seem like there was that much orgo on the MCAT. I did not study that much orgo for the MCAT and I did pretty well-32.

I would say that Organic Chemistry on the MCAT was the easiest section on the science portions.

In hindsight, I studied way too much of organic and not enough of things like acid/base chemistry. For organic on the MCAT, you only need to know the most basic reactions, forget about trying to learn every single deviation or reagent scheme.

However, the acid/base questions on the MCAT were a good degree more difficult than the standard problems in the chemistry courses I took. They tried to add twists to the problems and they werent very clear cut in my opinion.

Moral of the story: study lots of inorganic chemistry, not very much organic chemistry

------------------
"There is nothing more powerful on this Earth as a man who has nothing to lose. It does not take ten such men to change the world--one will do." Elijah Mohammed